Qualcomm Telematics SDK
The connected car is a broad frontier of wireless possibilities, and the Qualcomm® Telematics SDK is your path for developing telematics applications.
Connected-car developers can use the Telematics SDK for rapid development and deployment of applications that run on telematics control units (TCU). The SDK abstracts the modem and hardware in the modem and includes full documentation, sample applications, header files and stub code.
What Can You Build into Your Applications with the Telematics SDK?
With the Telematics SDK you can build out features for a wide range of connected-car scenarios including identity management, ridesharing, operator flexibility, fleet management, data analytics and firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) updates.
The SDK provides a set of backward-compatible APIs to access low-level modem services and functionality. The APIs cover basic and advanced telematics, including:
- Telephony services — Dialing out, answering calls, conferences, call management and status
- SMS services — Sending and receive SMS messages, including multi-part messages
- SIM card services — Enumerating applications, reading EFs from card and sending messages to SIM card
- eCall support — Initiating eCalls
- Connection management — Bringing up and tearing down cellular backhaul
- Location services — Supporting location fixes
The SDK offers you a competitive advantage in developing applications built on Qualcomm automotive telematics platforms. Instead of porting code between platforms, you can start using its programmer-friendly APIs and build environment to write road-ready applications.
Sample apps in the SDK provide ample code and starting points. Hooks provided in the SDK help you build out your test suite. Documentation includes a full API reference and call flows, and the user manual show you how to use the Telematics SDK in a full build environment and with related SDKs.