To make your experiences truly mobile requires a range of wireless technologies along with the proper tools to help support your development. We have you covered with long-range cellular technology from 2G to 5G, including the new Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) that supports IoT technologies. For shorter range technologies like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, and Thread we offer combined solutions to support your projects from industrial IoT and mobile health, to smart homes and robotics. If you need a refresher on connectivity, check out our Connectivity Options for IoT Developers eBook.
Our connectivity tools are designed to provide intelligent connectivity solutions to grow with your development from prototyping and building; to launching your applications, experiences and IoT devices.
Regardless of the connectivity choice you make, we have a number of resources available to help with your project:
- 4G LTE and LPWA (NB-IOT & LTE Cat-M1)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X20 4G LTE Modem – a 4G LTE modem that is included in platforms like the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 Mobile Platform.
- Qualcomm® MDM9206 IoT Modem and next generation MDM9205 - multi-mode connectivity solution useful for developing LPWA IoT solutions.
- Qualcomm® MDM9207 IoT Modem – Connectivity solution useful for smart city and industrial IoT solutions.
- Qualcomm® LTE IoT SDK – utilize the capabilities of the MDM9206 and MDM9207 for cloud support and IoT applications through easy to use APIs.
- Cloud Support
- The MDM9206 comes with built-in support or pre-integrated LTE IoT SDK for many leading cloud IoT providers such as Alibaba Cloud, Ericsson IoT Accelerator, Gizwits, China Mobile One Net, Verizon ThingSpace, and DT Cloud.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread & NFC
- Qualcomm® QCA4020 and Qualcomm® QCA4024 – QCA4020 is a tri-mode (dual band Wi-Fi, BLE and 802.15.4) system on a chip (SoC), and QCA4024 is a dual-mode (BLE, 802.15.4) SoC. Used for devices that utilize a wide range of interoperability between communication protocols.
- Qualcomm® QCA9377-3 - provides power efficient Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity on a single chip. Used for a wide range of devices such as home automation, wearables, and industrial controllers.
- Qualcomm® QCA4010 and Qualcomm® QCA4012 - a low-power microcontroller (MCU) with integrated Wi-Fi for IoT applications. This unit includes expanded memory and multiple interfaces to connect with sensors, displays, and actuators.
- Qualcomm® QCA4002 and Qualcomm® QCA4004 (Revision A/B) – a single or dual-band SoC that allows developers to add Wi-Fi to IoT devices.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660 Mobile Hardware Development Kit – includes expansion headers for additional NFC features.
- Qualcomm® CSR101x Series – SoCs featuring a BLE radio, single mode stack, PCB antenna connectivity, and the ability to draw power from a 3V coin battery.
- Qualcomm® CSR102x Series – BLE SoCs are suitable for IoT devices including wireless remote controls, simple smart watches, home automation solutions, and beacons.
- Qualcomm® BlueCore 5 Multimedia Chipset – a BLE chipset for integrating multimedia functionality into embedded devices.
- LTE Broadcast
- LTE Broadcast is a technology specified as part of 3GPP LTE standards and it provides streaming and file download services. The Qualcomm® LTE Broadcast SDK allows Android developers to create Android applications for streaming and file delivery services using Evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS), a technology specified as part of 3GPP LTE standards.
Snapdragon 888, Snapdragon 855, Snapdragon 845, Snapdragon 835, and Snapdragon 660 mobile platforms come with built in connectivity solutions. In addition to mobile phones, these platforms are also found in our XR platforms such as the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 VR development kit and the recently released Qualcomm® Robotics RB3 platform.
Latest Blogs and Podcasts
Explore these links about the latest trends and key features of wireless technologies and tools for more ideas and insight into your own projects:
- Connectivity Options for IoT Developers (eBook) - our new eBook, a primer on connectivity technologies for your IoT development. A must review if you are new to wireless technologies.
- Elements for Developing an Integrated Smart Home (eBook)
- Which IoT Connectivity Solution is Right for You?
- QCA4020 Learning Resources
- Tech Talk: Qualcomm Home Hub 100 and Alexa Voice Services
- Getting Started with Qualcomm® QCA4020 and Hello World Demo
- Onboarding Multiple Radios on Your Qualcomm® QCA4020/4024 Development Kit
- Sensor Values Using Mobile Application for QCA4020 Development Kit
- Running the QCLI Demo on a Qualcomm® QCA4020 Development Kit
- What's in the future of 5G
- How to take advantage of XR over 5G: Understanding XR Viewers
- How will 5G transform Industrial IoT
- The role of 5G in private networks for Industrial IoT
Check out our projects for inspiration on how other developers are implementing wireless within their solutions.
- Projects based on QCA4020 and QCA4024
- MDM920x LTE for IoT Projects
- QCA-402x Wi-Fi/BLE/Zigbee Projects