Snapdragon Profiler is profiling software that runs on the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. It connects with Android devices powered by Snapdragon processors over USB. Snapdragon Profiler allows developers to analyze CPU, GPU, DSP, memory, power, thermal, and network data, so they can find and fix performance bottlenecks.
Features and Benefits
- Real-time view makes it easy to correlate system resource usage on a timeline
- Analyze CPU, GPU, DSP*, memory, power, thermal, and network data metrics
- Select from over 150 different hardware performance counters in 22 categories
- Trace Capture mode allows you to visualize kernel and system events on a timeline to analyze low-level system events across the CPU, GPU, and DSP.
- View CPU scheduling and GPU stage data to see where your application is spending its time
- Snapshot Capture*** mode allows you to capture and debug a rendered frame from any OpenGL ES app
- Step through and replay a rendered frame draw call-by-draw call
- View and edit shaders and preview the results on your device
- View and debug pixel history
- Capture and view GPU metrics per draw call
- GPU APIs: OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenCL 2.1, and Vulkan 1.0**
* Requires a Snapdragon 820 (or later) processor
** Requires Android N (or an Android 6.0 device with a graphics driver that supports Vulkan)
*** Requires a Snapdragon 805 (or later) processor and Android 6.0 (or later)