DragonBoard 820c Development Board
NOTICE: DragonBoard 820c is a legacy product, and no longer has technical support from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. All materials are for reference only, and will not be updated.
The DragonBoard™ 820c development board is based on the Snapdragon® 820E embedded platform with the custom 64-bit Qualcomm® Kryo™ quad-core CPU and is compliant with the 96Boards Consumer Edition Extended Version specification managed by Linaro. The combination of the Snapdragon 820E embedded platform’s powerful Qualcomm® Adreno™ 530 GPU and quad-core CPU expands the possibilities of connected computing and high quality visual experiences while providing the ultimate in power efficiency. The DragonBoard 820c development board supports a wide range of interfaces and is ideal for prototyping complex embedded computing applications, from realistic visual and audio immersion for VR and AR applications, to machine vision and artificial intelligence for commercial drones and robots. The Snapdragon 820 embedded platform is designed to provide a fast-track deployment path, with integration services and production-ready, customizable SoMs (System-on-Modules) and SBCs (Single Board Computers) available to turn a DragonBoard 820c based invention into a commercial product.
- CPU: Snapdragon 820E embedded platform, custom 64-bit Kryo quad-core CPU up to 2.35GHz , 14nm FinFET process technology
- Graphics: Adreno 530 GPU OpenGL ES 3.1 + AEP, OpenCL2.0 Full1, Vulcan, Renderscript, 64-bit virtual addressing
- DSP: Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 680 DSP with Hexagon vector eXtentions and Low Power Island for sensor processing
- Sensors: Dedicated low-power SSC with DSP to support always-on use cases
- Display: 4k60 FPS decode 10-bit over HDMI 2.0 4K30 Miracast 2.0 streaming HEVC 10-bit and VP9 decode Direct Stream Video for Wireless Display, 3:1 Frame Buffer Compression ratio
- Camera: Dual 14-bit ISP – 28 MP and 13 MP, 600 MHz; 32 MP 30 ZSL with dual-ISP; 16 MP 30 ZSL with single-ISP; TempNR v2, ASF3, Demosaic, Dual-AF, LTM, CAC, Green Imbalance, Pedestal, stats upgrades, and image quality enhancements, expansion connector on board 1x 96boards Camera Interface (4-L MIPI CSI)
- Memory: Dual-channel PoP LPDDR4 SDRAM designed for 1866 MHz clock rate / UFS2.0 gear 3 (1-lane), and SD3.0
- Connectivity: WLAN 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.2 supported through QCA6174A
- Location: Support for 6 satellite systems: GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS
- OS Support: Linux Debian, with planned support for Linux OpenEmbedded
- Expansion Connectors:
- 1x 96boards 40 pin Low-Speed connector (UART x2, SPI, I2S, I2C x2, GPIO x12, DC power)
- 1x 96boards 60 pin High-Speed connector (4L-MIPI DSI, USB, I2C x2, 2L+4L-MIPI CSI)
- 2x Analog expansion connector (headset, speaker via sound-wire interface, microphones, line-outs)
- 1x 60 pin High-Speed connector (secondary 4L-MIPI DSI, SSC serial busses, TSIF – connection available only in hardware)
- I/O Interfaces:
- HDMI Full-size Type A connector ([email protected])
- 1x USB 2.0 micro B (device mode only), 2x USB 2.0 type A (host mode only), micro SD card slot
- 1x GbE RJ45, 1x PCIe HMC, headset
Note – some hardware features must be enabled by software. Please refer to the latest applicable software release notes to identify enabled features.