Mobile Gaming & Graphics (Adreno) Tools and Resources
Use the Adreno™ mobile gaming and graphics optimization tools and resources below to kick your graphics into high gear – for the kind of games and innovative UIs that truly stand out.
The Adreno SDK v3.8 offers the following:
- Adreno SDK Emulator now supports Android Extension Pack (AEP) OpenGL ES API
- New OpenCL Debugger, which allows source level debugging for OpenCL host and kernel programs on Snapdragon
- New OpenCL developer guide that contains both general programming guidelines and optimization techniques
The Adreno Profiler 4.0 release includes support for OpenGL ES 3.1 and AEP extensions with Adreno 4xx GPU’s along with a number of stability fixes. Please read the Adreno Profiler Help documentation for more information on how to use Adreno Profiler with OpenGL ES 3.1 and AEP.
Please note the 32 bit version of this software is deprecated and will no longer be supported.
Adreno Mobile Gaming & Graphics Forum
Collaborate with other developers who understand the value and complexities of creating truly stunning graphics.
Demand for gaming on mobile devices is growing rapidly, generating strong momentum and opportunity. The Android platform is thriving and offers game developers a growing opportunity to generate revenue on a global scale. This paper discusses how Qualcomm Technologies Inc. is helping the mobile gaming industry to take advantage of this opportunity by solving three key challenges for developers:
- How to create immersive gaming experiences within the power and thermal constraints of mobile devices?
- How to develop a game that addresses a sizeable portion of the mobile gaming segment with minimal code variations?
- How to take advantage of the hardware’s capabilities without sacrificing time-to-market?
This release contains a developer preview of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm Adreno 3xx GPU on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 devices running Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat. This release includes OpenCL in addition to OpenGL ES. It has been tested with the KTU84P factory image. This release is intended only for developers, and does not meet our customer release quality. Refer to the included release notes for a list of fixes and enhancements.