My environment:

• - Snapdragon SA8155P
  • - snpe-1.56.2.3050

the command that fails:

snpe-platform-validator --runtime dsp

the output:

PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Calling PlatformValidator->setRuntime
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Calling PlatformValidator->RuntimeCheck
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Testing for the support of DSP runtime.
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: UnsignedPD is supported.
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: CPU side validation passed.

PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: starting calculator test
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Loading DSP stub: libcalculator.so
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Successfully loaded DSP library - 'libcalculator.so'.  Setting up pointers.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: -2 . Error while executing the sum function.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: Please use testsig if using unsigned images.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: Also make sure ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH points to directory containing skels.
Unit Test on the runtime DSP: Failed.
SNPE is NOT supported for runtime DSP on the device.
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Calling PlatformValidator->IsRuntimeAvailable

PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Successfully loaded DSP library - 'libcalculator.so'.  Setting up pointers.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: -2 . Error while executing the sum function.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: Please use testsig if using unsigned images.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: Also make sure ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH points to directory containing skels.
Runtime DSP Prerequisites: Absent.

My environment variables on the device:

android-idc:/ $ echo $SNPE_TARGET_ARCH
aarch64-android-clang6.0

android-idc:/ $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/data/local/tmp/platformValidator/lib

android-idc:/ $ ls $LD_LIBRARY_PATH                                                                                                                
libPlatformValidatorShared.so  libcalculator.so       libhta.so                  libsnpe_dsp_v65_domains_v2_skel.so
libSNPE.so                     libcalculator_htp.so   libsnpe_dsp_domains_v2.so  libsnpe_dsp_v66_domains_v2_skel.so
libc++_shared.so               libcalculator_skel.so  libsnpe_dsp_domains_v3.so  libsnpe_dsp_v68_domains_v3_skel.so

android-idc:/ $ echo $ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH
/data/local/tmp/platformValidator/lib;/system/lib/rfsa/adsp;/system/vendor/lib/rfsa/adsp;/dsp

android-idc:/ $ ls /data/local/tmp/platformValidator/lib
libPlatformValidatorShared.so  libcalculator.so       libhta.so                  libsnpe_dsp_v65_domains_v2_skel.so
libSNPE.so                     libcalculator_htp.so   libsnpe_dsp_domains_v2.so  libsnpe_dsp_v66_domains_v2_skel.so
libc++_shared.so               libcalculator_skel.so  libsnpe_dsp_domains_v3.so  libsnpe_dsp_v68_domains_v3_skel.so

android-idc:/ $ ls /system/lib/rfsa/adsp
ls: /system/lib/rfsa/adsp: No such file or directory

android-idc:/ $ ls /system/vendor/lib/rfsa/adsp
capi_v2_asrc.so  capi_v2_fnb.so   capi_v2_sumx.so   libdsp_streamer_add_constant.so  libhexagon_nn_skel.so
capi_v2_avc.so   capi_v2_loud.so  capi_v2_synth.so  libdsp_streamer_binning.so       sec_module.so.1
capi_v2_bmt.so   capi_v2_peq.so   icc_module.so.1   libdsp_streamer_skel.so          tests

android-idc:/ $ ls /dsp
ls: /dsp: Permission denied

One can see that:
  • - `/dsp` is empty, but is part of `$ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH`
  • - `/system/lib/rfsa` does not exist, but is part of `$ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH`
  • - multiple `skel.so` are in `$LD_LIBRARY_PATH` and in `$ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH`

What I have already tried:
  1. I also observed that if `$ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH` is not set, I got the same error.
  2. Following docs/snpe/dsp_runtime.html, I also tried with `/usr/lib/rfsa`, but it does not exist.
  3. I could find similar issues on the forum. For instance "SNPE cannot work with DSP on SA8155P". But it uses an older version of `snpe`. And I do not have any `install_adsp_ps.py`.
  4. In parallel, I have tried the benchmark tool. One of the runtimes was DSP (`"Runtimes":["GPU", "CPU", "DSP"]` in the config) and results seems plausibleThat is why I cannot understand why the platform-validator does not work for DSP.
  • Up0
  • Down0
weihuan
Posted: Sun, 2022-01-09 18:09

Dear customer,

Please don't try to use the SNPE version lager than 1.51. The SA8155P was developed for Auto. You can convert and work under 1.51.

BR.

Wei

• Up0
  • Down0
hs.chaya
Posted: Mon, 2022-01-10 00:56

Hi,

I tried below command on Qualcomm Robotics RB5 Development Kit with snpe-1.58.0.3160

snpe-platform-validator --runtime dsp

I followed below steps

1. Download and push snpe sdk to RB5 using below command

adb push snpe-1.58.0_3160.zip /data

2. Unzip snpe zip file using below command on RB5 deviceunzip -X snpe-1.58.0_3160.zip

3. In RB5 device run below commands to run snpe-platform-validator 

cd /data/snpe-1.58.0.3160/bin/aarch64-ubuntu-gcc7.5

./snpe-platform-validator --runtime dsp

I got  error like PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: Also make sure ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH points to directory containing skels.

Unit Test on the runtime DSP: Failed.

Then i set the path for ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH using below command

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/snpe-1.58.0.3160/lib/aarch64-ubuntu-gcc7.5

export ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/snpe-1.58.0.3160/lib/dspafter setting above paths it worked fine.

*/ */ */ */ */ */ */

• Up0
  • Down0
simon.chauvin
Posted: Wed, 2022-01-12 04:50

Thank you Wei!

Indeed, downgrading SNPE to version 1.50.0.2622 or snpe-1.51.0.2663 made it work :)

Now DSP is said to be supported:

android-idc:/ $ snpe-platform-validator --runtime dsp
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Calling PlatformValidator->setRuntime
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Calling PlatformValidator->IsRuntimeAvailable

PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Success in executing the sum function
Runtime DSP Prerequisites: Present.

• Up0
  • Down0
weihuan
Posted: Sun, 2022-01-16 17:40

Dear customer,

Welcome.

We're appreciate to raise more issues or give us more feedback if you have any confusion while used NN engine.

BR.

Wei

• Up0
  • Down0
longxiang
Posted: Wed, 2023-11-15 01:58

Could you provide a link to snpe version 1.51? I see the minimum sdk version is 2.10 in https://qpm.qualcomm.com/#/main/tools/details/qualcomm_neural_processing...

• Up2
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.