Forums - SNPE cannot work with DSP on SA8155P

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
SNPE cannot work with DSP on SA8155P
xtsiyuan
Posted: Thu, 2020-09-17 23:16

Hi.

I'm trying to run neural network with different runtimes on SA8155P.

I have followed all the operations described in  snpe-1.37.0.788/doc/html/tutorial_inceptionv3.html. 

The snpe-net-run worked well when CPU or GPU  selected.

But something went wrong when  DSP  selected. I got some error info as bellow:

"""A t7b53d56ed0 /local/mnt/workspace/pcgbait/docker.ci.tmp/build/aarch64-android-clang6.0/SecondParty/qspower/src/qspower/core/src/internal/soc/topology.c:575 Not a Power Optimization SDK supported QTI SoC. Assuming homogeneous SoC.

The selected runtime is not available on this platform. Continue anyway to observe the failure at network creation time.
error_code=500; error_message=Target runtime is not available. error_code=500; error_message=Target runtime is not available. No viable runtimes available.; error_component=Host Runtime; line_no=294; thread_id=529532751184; error_component=Host Runtime; line_no=263; thread_id=529687473872"""

By the way, there is no directory which named  '/dsp' in the target filesystem. I'm not sure if this is ok.

What can i do with this?
  • Up0
  • Down0
v-smirgh
Posted: Sun, 2020-09-27 20:15

push snpe-platform-validator to your phone and run it to see if DSP is supported by your phone. Something like this:

adb push $SNPE_ROOT/bin/$SNPE_TARGET_ARCH/*       /data/local/tmp/snpeexample/$SNPE_TARGET_ARCH/bin
adb shell
/data/local/tmp/snpeexample/$SNPE_TARGET_ARCH/bin/snpe-platform-validator --runtime all

• Up0
  • Down0
xinyu_abcd
Posted: Tue, 2021-01-05 18:12

Hello, I met the same problem. Have you solved the problem? Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
xinyu_abcd
Posted: Fri, 2021-01-08 22:19
@v-smirgh

Hi, I run snpe-platform-validator on the SA8155P. The log is as follows:

PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: starting calculator test
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Successfully loaded DSP library - 'libcalculator_domains.so'.  Setting up pointers.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: -2 . Error while executing the sum function.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: Please use testsig if using unsigned images.
PF_VALIDATOR: ERROR: Also make sure ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH points to directory containing skels.
Runtime DSP Prerequisites: Absent.
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: Calling PlatformValidator->setRuntime
PF_VALIDATOR: DEBUG: CPU side validation passed.

I also checked the contents of ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH="/data/local/tmp/snpeexample/dsp/lib;/system/lib/rfsa/adsp;/system/vendor/lib/;/system/vendor/lib/rfsa/adsp;/dsp"

The path "/system/lib/rfsa/adsp" does not exist.

The path "/dsp"is empty.

How should I do to solve the problem?  
  • Up0
  • Down0
mihalea.andrei
Posted: Mon, 2021-01-11 04:56

Hello,

I had a similar issue with the same message saying the runtime is unavailable.

After running the install_adsp_ps.py script from $HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT/scripts, the issue was solved.

• Up0
  • Down0
xuyq
Posted: Mon, 2021-01-18 18:29

Hi, mihalea

I met a similar issue that I do not find /dsp in my filesystem.

In addition, I do not find $HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT/scripts folder. So, where is install_adsp_ps.py script file or which version is your SDK?

Thanks for your help.

• Up0
  • Down0
mihalea.andrei
Posted: Tue, 2021-01-19 01:53

Hello xuyq,

I have the 3.5.2 version of the Hexagon SDK. I haven't checked if previous versions have the script but this one should.

• Up0
  • Down0
xuyq
Posted: Wed, 2021-01-20 01:27

Hi mihalea,

According to your instruction, I find this script and sucessfully use command to run my model by DSP. But when I use android APK to run my model by DSP, it also said dsp is unavailable.

Therefore, ask you again, do you know why this is?

Thanks very much, my friend. 

• Up0
  • Down0
mihalea.andrei
Posted: Tue, 2021-01-26 13:14

Hello,

No, I am not sure why it still doesn't work for you, since that script solved the problem in my case.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.