Qualcomm Snapdragon Debugger for Visual Studio
Qualcomm® Snapdragon Debugger for Visual Studio is a plug-in tool to Microsoft’s Visual Studio IDE that enables a variety of APIs for debugging devices powered by Snapdragon processors. With support for Android NDK application debugging in its first release, it simplifies debugging of native C/C++ code on Android devices. This plug-in for Visual Studio lets you see what’s happening in real time as your application runs on the device plugged into your PC. This immediate interaction can help you shorten development time by hours or even days.
Developers can use Snapdragon Debugger for Visual Studio with any Android 4.4 or higher commercial device, regardless of the chipset it uses. The plug-in is compatible with Visual Studio 2012 and 2013.
Snapdragon Debugger for Visual Studio supports:
- Android project creation, build, and deploy to device
- Breakpoints, conditional breakpoints, memory breakpoints
- Single step through native and assembly code
- Views for registers, memory, local variables, and global variables
- Multi-threaded applications
- Loading tombstone/logcat crash logs
- Ability to debug projects compiled outside of this debugger tool
- GNU Debugger (GDB)