Mobile gaming has quickly gained traction and popularity over traditional console and PC gaming as players seek to play anytime and anywhere. We are also seeing an increase in multiplayer gaming with rich graphics and 3D audio for immersive experiences on smartphones and other mobile devices that might be watched by others around the globe.
Helping to fuel this revolution are powerful mobile gaming platforms such as those powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ mobile platforms including the Snapdragon 855 mobile platform with integrated Elite Gaming features that provides the visuals, performance, and audio features designed to fuel next-level gaming experiences.
Snapdragon mobile platforms help your games run quickly and efficiently thanks to the Snapdragon core hardware architecture featuring the Qualcomm® Hexagon™ DSP, Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU, and Qualcomm® Adreno™ GPU.
And you can add artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities with the Qualcomm® Neural Processing SDK.
Game Development Tools
We have a number of resources available to help you create and optimize your gaming applications and solutions for rich, on-device experiences.
- Graphics: Use the Adreno GPU SDK to take advantage of the Adreno GPU found on our Snapdragon platforms. The Adreno GPU includes support for Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, and DirectX.
- Digital Signal Processing: The Hexagon DSP SDK helps you optimize the features and performance of your games and multimedia software. These optimizations accelerate audio, imaging, embedded vision, and heterogeneous computing on the Hexagon DSP.
- App Performance Optimization: Snapdragon Developer Tools help you optimize your games running on Snapdragon mobile platforms. These tools include:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Profiler: Shows you how your application is utilizing hardware and software resources.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Power Optimization SDK: Provides an interface to balance performance with power consumption.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Heterogeneous Compute SDK: Provides control over performance while abstracting away the complexities of the hardware.
- Qualcomm® Math Library: Optimizes your math routines on Snapdragon processors.
- Native Android Compilation: Snapdragon LLVM Compiler for Android provides native (C/C++) compilation for Android designed to help you improve performance when using the Android NDK.
- Qualcomm® 3D Audio Suite:
- Qualcomm 3D Audio Tools are designed to help you create, capture, and render true-to-life immersive 3D audio experiences for games.
- Qualcomm 3D Audio Plugin for Unity helps you integrate binaural spatial audio for games developed in Unity. This includes support for 64 simultaneous spatialized sound objects, two simultaneous ambisonic sound fields, and customizable shoebox reverb with low motion-to-sound latency.
- Neural Network Optimization: The Qualcomm® Neural Processing SDK is engineered to help you save time and effort in developing trained neural networks for games running on devices powered by Snapdragon mobile platforms. Deep Learning algorithms are computationally intensive, so having this dedicated tool helps you determine how best to run your applications on a mobile device, without a connection to the cloud. These frameworks have been optimized for the Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK:
Game Hardware Development Tools
We have a number of resources available to help you create game applications and resources for different types of devices.
- Mobile Platforms: These HDKs are dynamically featured Android development platforms designed to provide an ideal starting point for creating high-performance gaming devices and applications:
- Virtual Reality (VR): The Snapdragon VR SDK is included with the Snapdragon 835 and 845 hardware development kits to help you invent cutting edge VR game experiences.
Explore these links about the latest trends and key features of gaming and graphics for more ideas and insight into your own projects:
- Enjoy faster, more immersive mobile games with Snapdragon Elite Gaming
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 HDK | Unboxing Intrinsyc's Open-Q™ 845 HDK Development Kit
- Adreno GPU Videos on Hardware, Rendering and Vulcan
- How to Use the Qualcomm® Hexagon™ SDK with HVX