As technologies like processor design, artificial intelligence (AI), sensors and mechanical components evolve, they are being combined in new and creative ways to automate more tasks than ever before. This is helping to drive next-generation robots that are opening up new possibilities for autonomous machines supporting both consumer and industrial applications.Robotics from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (QTI) are designed to feature a small computing footprint while offering robust connectivity, advanced processing power, and power efficiency. Our software and hardware tools as outlined below, can help accelerate the development of your robotics solutions.
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ mobile platforms run quickly and efficiently thanks to the Snapdragon core hardware architectures like the Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Vector Processor and Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU. You can add AI with the Qualcomm® Neural Processing SDK.
Take things a step further by adding visual intelligence using the Snapdragon high-resolution video capture, and the Qualcomm Machine Vision SDK and Fast CV SDK.
ROBOTICS HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
We have a number of resources available to help you create robotic solutions, and resources for different types of devices. These HDKs are dynamically featured development platforms designed to provide an ideal starting point for creating high-performance solutions:
- Qualcomm Robotics RB3 Development Kit
- Qualcomm Flight Pro
- Qualcomm® Vision Intelligence Platform
- DragonBoard™ 410c development board
- DragonBoard™ 820c development board
- APQ8009 Processor
- Snapdragon 810 Processor
ROBOTICS SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
To help support our hardware platforms, we also have a number of software resources available to help you create and optimize your robotic solutions:
- Flight Control: The Qualcomm® Navigator SDK is designed to provide autonomous, vision-supported flight control for drones. It includes several built-in sensor calibration procedures as well as automatic flight logging and real-time introspection tools along with post-processing log parsing capabilities.
- Neural Network Optimization: The Neural Processing SDK helps you save time and effort in optimizing the performance of trained neural networks on devices powered by Snapdragon mobile platforms. Deep Learning algorithms are computationally intensive, so having this dedicated tool helps you determine how best to run your applications on device, without a connection to the cloud.
The Neural Processing SDK supports the following frameworks:
- Performance Optimization: Snapdragon Developer Tools to help you optimize your applications running on Snapdragon mobile platforms. It includes the Snapdragon Profiler, Snapdragon Power Optimization SDK, Snapdragon Heterogeneous Compute SDK, and Qualcomm® Math Library.
- Specialized Core Optimization: SDKs for specific processor cores are also available:
- Hexagon DSP SDK - suited for processing digital signals from the outside world in real time, like those generated by an embedded camera and microphone.
- Visual Intelligence: The following SDKs help you utilize the capabilities of Qualcomm Technologies processors for Smart Camera and other vision-based solutions you create:
- Machine Vision SDK - engineered to supply cutting-edge computer vision algorithms for localization, feature recognition, and obstacle detection on Qualcomm Technologies processors.
- FastCV SDK - offers a mobile-optimized computer vision (CV) library that includes the most frequently used vision processing functions and helps you to add functionality like gesture recognition, face detection, and tracking.
- FIRST Robotics: For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology is an international not-for-profit K-12 organization founded to inspire young people’s interest and participation in STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and math). Qualcomm Technologies is a strategic partner of FIRST and supporter of its programs, including the FIRST Tech Challenge, an annual robotics competition designed to engage future developers while they’re still in grades 7 through 12.
LATEST BLOGS AND PROJECTS
Explore these links about the latest trends and key features of robotics for more ideas and insight into your own projects:
- Introduction to Neural Processing Engine SDK
- Code Walkthrough of the FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC) Robot Controller