Trepn™ Profiler is an on-target power and performance profiling application for mobile devices. Although Trepn runs on most Android devices, additional features are available when used with devices featuring Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processors or development hardware.
- Profile your device, or a single app
- Display battery power (on supported devices**)
- View CPU and GPU*** frequency and utilization
- Display network usage (cellular and Wi-Fi)
With Trepn Profiler, you can view and log data in real-time or export data for offline analysis to better understand the impact of your programming choices on both power and performance.
- Overlay mode - Trepn Profiler’s overlay mode displays graphs, meters and charts in the foreground as the app is running, so you can associate spikes with on-screen events.
- Android Intents - Trepn can display markers in your code alongside other data points to pinpoint the cause of power and processor spikes.
- External control - You can start and stop profiling from an external script or another Android application, a big advantage in automated testing environments
- Per-rail power measurement - When used with supported Snapdragon Mobile Development Platforms (MDPs), Trepn Profiler can display the power consumed by individual components such as the CPU, GPU, LCD backlight, camera, storage/SD Card, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, and more.
Download Trepn Profiler (.apk and user guide), run it on your Android devices and start optimizing your code for better performance and efficiency.
* Wakelock and Wifilock data points are not supported on devices running Android version 4.4 (and higher).
** Not all devices are capable of reporting accurate battery power. Refer to the list of supported devices in the Trepn forum.
*** GPU frequency and utilization are only available on Snapdragon-powered devices.