Snapdragon 865 Mobile Hardware Development Kit
The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 mobile hardware development kit (HDK) is designed for mobile device development on the Snapdragon 865 mobile platform. This feature-rich Android 10 development platform is an ideal starting point for integration and innovation around 5G mobile devices.
The Snapdragon 865 HDK is engineered to give original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), hardware/software vendors and developers the inside track on developing and testing their devices. Software developers can get a head start on the competition by using the HDK to create solutions for the Snapdragon 865 platform before commercial devices are available.
The Snapdragon 865 HDK combines innovative and intelligent on-device AI, 2-gigapixel-per-second camera speeds, desktop-quality graphics and power-efficient operation. The kit includes the following features, with performance improvements compared to the Snapdragon 855 HDK:
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU providing up to 25% higher performance
- No-limit HD slow-motion video capture @ 960 FPS
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 698 DSP featuring Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX), tensor accelerator and scalar accelerator
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU delivering up to 25% faster graphics rendering
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon Elite Gaming™ including Desktop Forward Rendering, Qualcomm® Game Color Plus and first-ever updatable GPU drivers on mobile
- Qualcomm® Sensing Hub offering always-on contextual awareness with extremely low power consumption
- Qualcomm® Artificial Intelligence Engine is 2x more powerful than its predecessor
- Real-time AI Translation into a foreign language
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive Audio and Qualcomm Aqstic™ Audio Technologies delivering a smooth, crystal-clear audio experience
- Qualcomm® Wi-Fi 6-ready mobile platform
The HDK is an ideal platform for development in mobile PCs, artificial intelligence, app development, IP cameras, smartphones and tablets.
Snapdragon 865 HDK shown with optional LCD display
Connectors, ports and accessories available with the Snapdragon 865 HDK include:
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.1
- I/O Interfaces:
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C and 2x USB 3.0 Type A
- DisplayPort over USB 3.1 Type-C
- 1x Micro SD/UFS Card
- 2x MIPI 4-lane DSI
- 6x MIPI CSI with support for 3D camera configuration
- 1x HDMI out
- Expansion headers for additional features
- Sensor Input/Output
- Audio Input/Output
- Optional Accessories:
- Display and Expansion Board: TFT QHD LCD (1440 x 2880) with Touch Panel, 5.99"
- Camera daughter card: 20MP front camera; dual 16MP and 5MP rear cameras, TOF sensor
Qualcomm Kryo, Qualcomm Hexagon, Qualcomm Adreno, Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming, Qualcomm Game Color Plus, Qualcomm aptX, Qualcomm Aqstic, Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence, Qualcomm Wi-Fi 6 and Qualcomm Sensing Hub are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.