Snapdragon 855 Mobile Hardware Development Kit
The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 mobile hardware development kit (HDK) is a highly integrated and optimized Android development platform designed for technology companies to integrate and innovate mobile device development on the Snapdragon 855 mobile platform.
The Snapdragon 855 HDK is engineered to provide original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), hardware/software vendors and developers with help in accelerating the development and testing of devices. Developers can utilize the HDK to get a head start on the competition by creating solutions optimized for the latest device designs.
Supporting robust mobile performance, the Snapdragon 855 HDK includes the following features, as compared to the previous generation:
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ 485 CPU provides up to a 45% uplift in performance
- Continuous 4K HDR capture thanks to a 30% improvement in energy efficiency
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 690 DSP featuring 2x Vector accelerator increase in performance and a new Tensor accelerator
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 640 GPU delivers up to 20% faster graphics rendering
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive and Qualcomm Aqstic™ deliver a smooth, crystal-clear audio experience
- Qualcomm® Artificial Intelligence Engine
- Qualcomm® Wi-Fi 6-ready mobile platform
The HDK is an ideal platform for development in mobile PCs, artificial intelligence, app development, IP cameras as well as smart phones and tablets.
Connectors, ports and accessories available with the Snapdragon 885 HDK include:
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2 with MU-MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GNSS (GPS/GLONASS/COMPASS/GALILEI)
- I/O Interfaces:
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C +2x USB 3.0 Type A
- DisplayPort over USB 3.1 Type-C
- 1x Micro SD Card
- 2x MIPI 4-lane DSI + touch panel
- 3x MIPI 4-lane CSI with support for 3D camera configuration
- 1x HDMI out
- Expansion headers for additional features
- Sensor I/O
- Audio Input/Output
- Operating System: Android 9
- Optional Accessories:
- Display + Expansion Board: TFT QHD LCD (2560x1440) with Touch Panel, 5.7”
- Cameras: 12MP + 5MP Front, DUAL 12MP + 13MP Rear
Snapdragon 855 HDK shown with optional LCD display
Qualcomm Kryo, Qualcomm Hexagon, Qualcomm Adreno, Qualcomm aptX, Qualcomm Aqstic, Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence, and Qualcomm Wi-Fi are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.