Forums - How to calculate GPU Budget? Snapdragon 820

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to calculate GPU Budget? Snapdragon 820
resetme
Posted: Tue, 2018-09-25 19:52

Hi all, i dont know if im at the correct forum.

I use Snapdragon everyweek to profile the games i work at my current company, amazing software and had helped me a lot to optimized Unity Games.

My question now is how can i calculate or do a Budget for an specific GPU? I saw a video before but i cant find the link at all.

Snapdragon have an Adreno 530, 624Mhz (510/624/650) GFlops 407/498/519. What else i do need to know? Is there some math for calculating the amount of vertex i can send for 33ms? How about the memory for textures? How should i know if im sending to much data to the gpu?
And what about the pixelrate? 1x, 2x, 3x? What should be ok?

Right now they are asking me to make a texture budget for the gpu, but i have no idea how.

Really newbe questions.

Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-10-04 18:06

The Adreno Developer Guide has information and recommendations that may help answer your questions: https://developer.qualcomm.com/download/adrenosdk/adreno-opengl-es-devel...

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.