Forums - Hexadgon SDK 2.0 Linux installation fails

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hexadgon SDK 2.0 Linux installation fails
ryukokki.felipe
Posted: Sun, 2017-07-16 18:08

Hi Community, this is my first post, so if I posted in the wrong place, please move it to te correct location.

I Have a project which can be benefited from on-chip QDSP of snapdragon410c (APQ8064), using a DragonBoard 410c evaluation kit. According with this link: https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/hexagon-dsp-sdk/dsp-processor, the Hexagon 500 is the DSP familiy embedded on SnapDragon 410, and the correct sdk version is the 2.0.

When I try to download it from Developer Netowork the whole file is downloaded, but when my browser validate the file, the connection is lost and my host machine (Linux - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) see this as a corrupted file, I tried to re-download a couple of times with no success, after to change my browser i succesfully downloaded the file, but after try to install it gives to me the following error:

Preparing to install...

Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
The size of the extracted files to be installed are corrupted.  Please try to download the installer again and make sure that you download using 'binary' mode.  
Please do not attempt to install this currently downloaded copy.

This error is related to type of transfer, I tried to change the browser and download manually forcing the binary mode with curl or wget utilities with no sucess, and tried to use the symlinks.

With this scenario, what the steps to get the correct qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0_eval.bin for linux? 

Thanks in advance.

Best

Felipe

• Up0
  • Down0
fredpedroso
Posted: Tue, 2017-10-17 11:29
Hi Felipe,
How are you?

I installed the Hexagon SDK on my computer (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).
I made it using the following steps:

1) Open Firefox Browser;

2) Get the Hexagon SDK binary file (qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0_eval.bin) from https://developer.qualcomm.com/qfile/29658/qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0_eval.bin;

3) Run the Hexagon SDK (binary file) using the Terminal/Console: 
./qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0_eval.bin

4) When the binary file is started, will be opened a GUI (graphic user interface) to install the Hexagon SDK.

I hope I've helped.

Att.,
Frederico Pedroso
  • Up0
  • Down0
fredpedroso
Posted: Tue, 2017-10-17 11:31
Hi Felipe,
How are you?

I installed the Hexagon SDK on my computer (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).
I made it using the following steps:

1) Open Firefox Browser;

2) Get the Hexagon SDK binary file (qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0_eval.bin) from https://developer.qualcomm.com/qfile/29658/qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0_eval.bin;

3) Run the Hexagon SDK (binary file) using the Terminal/Console: 
./qualcomm_hexagon_sdk_2_0_eval.bin

4) When the binary file is started, will be opened a GUI (graphic user interface) to install the Hexagon SDK.

I hope I've helped.

Att.,
Frederico Pedroso
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.