Forums - Hexagon 600 for MSM8916/MSM8939

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hexagon 600 for MSM8916/MSM8939
dev_dsp
Posted: Mon, 2016-10-03 04:56

Hi all,

Can we use Hexagon 600 sdk for MSM8916/MSM8939 models ? because hexagon 500 sdk is throwing error during compiling simple programs like capi_v2_gain.

We need this input because this page says hexagon 600 sdk is supported in premium tier,we just want to know whether there will be backward compatibility with MSM8916 using snapdragon 410

https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/hexagon-dsp-sdk/dsp-processor

Hexagon 500 SDK error message:

hexagon-clang: error: unable to execute command : program not executable.

hexagon-clang: error: hexagon-as command failed due to signal

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Thu, 2016-10-06 10:22

You should use hexagon500 SDK

I just wanted to check whether hexagon tools are installed fine on your machine. Can you go to Hexagon Tools installation folder

and run 

hexagon-clang --version

• Up0
  • Down0
dev_dsp
Posted: Thu, 2016-10-06 22:34

Hexagon tools are installed in the location c:\Qualcomm\HEXAGON_Tools\6.4.03\qc\bin and hexagon-clang --version yields the version

Target:Hexagon

Thread model:posix

QuIC LLVM Hexagon Clang version 6.4.03

However when i lauch "Launch CLI Shell" and type hexagon-clang --version it says "hexagon-clang" is not a recognized program

I think there is no problem in installation,should i try re-installing ?,i have given the offline installation as suggested by the installer

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Thu, 2016-10-06 23:32
you need to set the Hexagon tools in your path variable as follows

set HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT=C:/Qualcomm/HEXAGON_Tools/6.4.03
  set PATH=%HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT%/gnu/bin;%HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT%/qc/bin;%HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT%/qc/lib/iss;%PATH%

however If you want to build any SDK example you dont need the set the above , sdk make.d build system will automatically pick up the required tools. 
  • Up0
  • Down0
dev_dsp
Posted: Fri, 2016-10-07 00:32

Yeah,i am trying to build the capi_v2_gain module,but when i give the command

"make tree V=hexagon_Debug_dynamic VERBOSE=0"

it is throwing an error

"hexagon-clang: error: unable to execute command:program not executable.

hexagon-clang:error: hexagon-as command failed due to signal

• Up0
  • Down0
chennak
Posted: Fri, 2016-10-07 02:46

Looks like something is messed up with your tools installation. 

can you please reinstall them by selecting Download and Install method but not the offline method 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.