Forums - OpenCL on Nexus 6

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
OpenCL on Nexus 6
rhameed
Posted: Thu, 2015-10-22 00:18

Hi

I am wondering of there is a way to install OpenCL drivers on Nexus 6. In past when I was using a Nexus 7 for tablet I was able to download the Qualcomm OpenCL driver from the following page:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/adreno-gpu-sdk/tools

How the current driver package on that page doesn't seem to include libOpenCL.so

I also tried to push the old libOpenCL.so that I had from Nexus 7 days on to Nexus 6 but that didn't see to work.

• Up0
  • Down0
rhameed
Posted: Wed, 2015-10-28 17:28

I was eventually able to get my hands on a new libOpenCL.so file which is compatible with android 5.x and works with Nexus 6. My next quest is to find a version of libOpenCL.so which will work with android 6.0

• Up0
  • Down0
anshul
Posted: Tue, 2015-12-01 17:18

rhameed, it would really help if you can point me to opencl driver for Nexus 6 bases on Android 5.x that you are saying you were able to get.

• Up0
  • Down0
rosetter
Posted: Tue, 2016-02-02 07:39

Hmm.. anyone with any pointers to Nexus 6 OpenCL drivers?  It seems that some people are finding them...

• Up0
  • Down0
malzantot
Posted: Sat, 2016-07-23 15:39

I am also looking for the libOpenCL.so that works with android 5.x or 6.0. Does any one have a link for it ?

• Up0
  • Down0
jake.weinstein
Posted: Sat, 2016-08-06 22:31

There are no OpenCL binaries for the Nexus 6, however the Moto Maxx has the same APQ8084 SoC, so it is possible that graphics binaries from there could help you.  These binaries are not certified by Qualcomm, Google, or Motorola for use on the Nexus 6, so unintended consequences could occur.  The GPU kernel driver (KGSL) is quite a bit different on AOSP devices (such as the Nexus series) compared to most other commercial Qualcomm devices, which are based on the kernel source at CodeAurora Forums, so you may run into issues.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.