Forums - Problem running OpenCL with CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU on Nexus 5

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem running OpenCL with CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU on Nexus 5
pczapla
Posted: Wed, 2014-07-16 00:27

Hi,

I have some OpenCL code which is happily running on my Nexus 5 while using GPU (CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU). However, when I attempted to run this code on the CPU for comparison, I hit a brick wall. It turns out that libllvm-arm.so is missing and therefore OpenCL runtime is not able to compile.

Does anyone know where I can find libllvm-arm.so for Snapdragon 800?

Thanks in advance.

Piotr

• Up0
  • Down0
jhicks Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2014-07-16 09:18

Are you using the devloper preview driver from here to enable OpenCL on your Nexus 5?

• Up0
  • Down0
pczapla
Posted: Sun, 2014-07-20 09:57

Yes, these are the drivers I use. libllvm-arm.so is not includeed. Wonder if this is intended or just an oversight.

• Up0
  • Down0
jayson.dalpe
Posted: Fri, 2014-08-01 15:29

Hi,

I use OpenCL on my Nexus 5, here's how you can do:

Download this:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/download/adreno200-nexus-kot49h.zip

The Nexus 5 didn't come with a OpenCL support, only OpenGL.

Do all the step in the READ me, except the installation of the KitKat Android.

Here's some issue you can find and how to resolve them:

1. Installing TWRP 2.7

It said to load into fastboot mode, installing the img using fastboot command and reboot in normal mode to let TWRP installing correctly.

Don't reboot, when you send the command (fastboot flash...) start immediatly in recovery mode. 

2. (No command.) screen on recovery mode

Resend the .img using fastboot and boot again in recovery mode.

3. Cannot send adb sideload command.

While TWRP shows up, your computer rarely understand it's a ADB android stuff, you need to change the driver to use the Google USB: Android ADB interface.

While all the step are done, you only need the libOpenCL.so (The one in the patch, check inside the zip) in your Android project and it will link to llvm and other sub libs.

Jay

• Up0
  • Down0
pczapla
Posted: Mon, 2014-08-04 04:44

Thanks Jason.

I admit I did not follow the README file as I wanted to test in an environment as close to production one as possible. And this means I will have to distribute the libs along with my app (most likely) and there will be no option to carry out steps as described in the README.

The only difference between just copying libs to my test device vs following all the steps in the README I can think of is that I did not copy the firmware files (nor install them in any way). I will try to copy them onto the device and see if this makes any difference.

Piotr

• Up0
  • Down0
ssaikatsaha1996
Posted: Fri, 2020-10-23 10:34
Hi! I want to Install OpenCL in my android mobile. My device MI A2 , processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 660.. In my device already available OpenCL 2.0 but its not enabled.. I am not a software developer but i want to install or enable OpenCL in my device Please help me how can i do ? Can it possible without any c/c++ code? If possible please help me
  • Up0
  • Down0
ssaikatsaha1996
Posted: Wed, 2020-12-23 02:33
Hi! My device Mi A2 Processor SDM 660 GPU adreno 512 Driver OpenGL ES 3.2 But in my device already available OpenCL 2.0.. But I want to change my GPU driver OpenGL to OpenCL... Can it possible?.. Please help me... No one helping me... Please help..
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.