Forums - Device won't boot after flashing using fastboot

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Device won't boot after flashing using fastboot
da.teng
Posted: Wed, 2021-06-30 14:39

I manage to build RB5 HLOS image using code from Chipcode and Code Aurora. I built in the qti-distro-rb-perf mode. Then I follow the release note and use fastboot to flash the images onto the board using the following command:

#adb reboot bootloader

#fastboot flash abl_a abl.elf

#fastboot flash abl_b abl.elf

#fastboot flash persist persist.img

#fastboot flash system_a system.img

#fastboot flash system_b system.img

#fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

#fastboot flash boot_a boot.img

#fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

#fastboot reboot

But after I flash the device, the device can no longer boot anymore. Any idea what could be happening? Do I need to flash the CDT as well?

• Up0
  • Down0
mistry Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2021-06-30 16:43

Hi Da.teng,

Boot issues  might be related to CDT being erased/corrupted.
We saw this while switching back and forth between different builds (Linaro <--> LE <--> LU). 

Re-flashing the CDT resolved the issue for me, can you please try to re-flash the CDT? 

Best Regards,

Rajan.

• Up0
  • Down0
da.teng
Posted: Thu, 2021-07-01 10:17

Hi Rajan, 

Thanks for the information! I didn't manually flash the CDT myself. What I did was I flashed the LE build that came with the SDK-manager 2.1.0. After that, I flashed the image I built myself from LE source and the device is now able to boot again.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.