Forums - SDK 2.7.0 BLE 5.2

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SDK 2.7.0 BLE 5.2
zknunes
Posted: Fri, 2021-02-19 09:43

Hello,

Just read in the new CSR1010 datasheet that it is compliance with BLE 5.2 when usind SDK 2.7.0.

1) Where can I find SDK 2.7.0 only 2.6.x is available ?

2) What are the BLE 5.2 features supported by CSR1010 BLE 5.2 ?

3) What are the key differences from CSR1010 BLE 5.2 and  CSR1020 BLE 5.0 ?

4) Will CSR1020 evolve from BLE 5.0 to 5.2 ?

Note : We already have a BLE 4.1 module developed with CSR1010

Thanks

JCNunes - VLA Soltuions (Qualcomm's Sales Rep in Brazil).

• Up0
  • Down0
abhghos
Posted: Fri, 2021-02-19 20:56

Hi JC,

The SDK 2.7.x is not yet released as it is pending BT SIG qualification. We hope that it would be released soon.

There will be no new features with the BT 5.2 complicance. Only the Errata from the spec will be implemented. Please note that its is not required for a device to provide all features such as LE Long Range, 2M PHY, etc to be complied with BT 5.2. Only mandatory features will be supported. This should be described in SDK Release note, when made available.

I believe that CSR102x supports some advanced features like Data Length Extentions. It also has fould link controllers whereby it can maintain concurrent connections with up to 4 devices. So over all its a feature rich silicon and has more features compared to CSR101x. On the down sides, the RF Tx Power in capped to only 4dBm compared to 9dBm in CSR101x. Sleep current is also better in CSR101x.

CSR102x will not evolve any further.

Regards,

Abhishek Ghosh

• Up0
  • Down0
zknunes
Posted: Mon, 2021-02-22 05:48

Many Tks Abhishek ,

Loking forward to SDK 2.7.x   and understand the SDK release notes. Thanks also for the head up.... I'm fully aware LE, 2M will not be supported with this silicon,  but having the change to upgrade the module already developed with BLE 4.x and claim it is BLE 5.2 compliance may make a lot of difference for some customers/application.

Regards

JCNunes

• Up0
  • Down0
zknunes
Posted: Tue, 2021-10-26 18:13

Hello, 

Is there any new on SDK 2.7.0 qualification at Bluetooh SIG, I meant 5.2 errata  ?

Tks

JCNunes

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.