Snapdragon VR SDK
The Snapdragon VR SDK is designed to provide developers with access to optimized, advanced VR features on Snapdragon VR devices. It abstracts the complexity of immersive virtual reality to help simplify development and attain improved VR performance and power efficiency with Android smartphones and upcoming VR headsets. The Snapdragon VR SDK is intended to be used with the Snapdragon 835 and Snapdragon 845 VR development kits.
Many new technologies that are crucial for an optimal VR user experience will be supported in the Snapdragon VR SDK. These include:
- DSP sensor fusion: Utilizing the full breadth of technologies built into the Snapdragon 835 VR mobile platform, the SDK is designed to allow developers to create more responsive and immersive experiences by easily accessing the right combination of high frequency inertial data from gyroscopes and accelerometers via the Snapdragon Sensor Core and predictive head position processing with the Qualcomm® Hexagon™ DSP
- Faster motion to photon: Supports asynchronous time warp with single buffer rendering for fast transformation of rendered images in 3D space, which helps reduce latency by up to 50% compared with not using the SDK
- Stereoscopic rendering with lens correction: Supports 3D binocular vision with color correction and barrel distortion for improved visual quality of graphics and video, enhancing the overall VR experience
- VR layering: Generation of menus, text, and other overlays so that they can render correctly in a virtual world, reducing distortions that would otherwise make them difficult to read
- Power management: Integration with the Qualcomm® Snapdragon Heterogeneous Compute SDK to provide cohesive CPU, GPU, and DSP power and performance management to help achieve stable frame rates for VR applications running in low-power, thermally-constrained devices –improving power efficiency compared to not using the SDK