Snapdragon Auto Connectivity
The Snapdragon® Auto Connectivity platform encompasses decades of experience in telematics, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® solutions used in more than 150 million vehicles worldwide. It provides seamless connectivity that surrounds the vehicle and supports rich and immersive experiences in the cockpit:
- 5G for super-fast connectivity with a complete, modem-to-antenna solution for managing RF complexity globally for using digital services in and around the vehicle
- Bluetooth for connecting personal devices and accessories
- Cellular-vehicle-to-everything (C-V2X) for direct communication between vehicles and everything around them
- Power Line Communications (PLC) for smart grid and charging stations
- GNSS communication for precise positioning, timing and navigation
- Vision-Enhanced Precise Positioning (VEPP) for lane-level accuracy in virtually all environments
For developers, Qualcomm Technologies also provides the Snapdragon® Telematics Application Framework (TelAF), a unified development environment including SIM management, peripheral device connections, and APIs for building cloud-connected apps and services. Integrated into the Snapdragon Auto Connectivity Platform, the framework is a set of build/debug/code-generation tools and support designed to simplify application development.
Open source and scalable, the application framework allows developers to use telematics functionality across all platforms in the Snapdragon® Digital Chassis™, reducing costs and complexity when developing cloud-based applications and services.
Based on the Yocto Linux distribution, this feature-rich set of tools provides developers with common APIs for integrating technology features such as 5G, location services, memory and security. Compatible with all present and future platforms in the Snapdragon Digital Chassis, the Snapdragon Telematics Application Framework (TelAF) allows developers to focus on their core expertise when creating applications that support enhanced safety, immersive infotainment and driver assistance and autonomy.
Automotive Developer Request
*denotes required field for form
Snapdragon and Snapdragon Digital Chassis are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.