Snapdragon 835 VR Development Kit
Most VR headsets commercially available today are either tethered, or slot-in designs that use smartphones. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 VR development kit is a standalone all-in-one VR headset with a single panel AMOLED head mounted display (HMD) and an integrated Snapdragon 835 processor. It includes dual front-facing cameras for six degrees of freedom (6DoF). 6DoF motion tracking is done at a fast 800Hz rate using the integrated Hexagon™ DSP. This leaves the Snapdragon CPU and Adreno™ GPU free for computing and graphics processing. The Snapdragon 835 VR development kit is designed to help software developers create more immersive VR experiences.
- Powerful Snapdragon 835 mobile processor
- Motion to photon latency <18ms
- Sensors include head tracking cameras, multiple microphones, gyro, accelerometer, and magnetometer
- Smooth motion tracking in full 6 degrees at 800Hz using integrated DSP, leaving CPU and GPU free for computing and graphics
- Single panel AMOLED display with 2560x1440 resolution
- 90-120 degree of freedom per eye
- Binaural 3D positional audio
- Industry-leading Snapdragon VR SDK
Qualcomm Snapdragon, Qualcomm Adreno, and Qualcomm Hexagon are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.