Forums - What does the 'Shaders Stalled' metric mean?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
What does the 'Shaders Stalled' metric mean?
wudigoogle
Posted: Fri, 2023-06-30 02:50

I use snapdragon profiler to take snapshot. And there is a metric "% Shaders stalled".  the comment is " Percentage of time that all shader cores are idle with at least one active wave".  I mean, How can a shader core is idle when it has a active wave? under what condition dose it occur ?

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Thu, 2023-08-03 00:33

Hi, Wudigoogle

I understand that these shaders stalling are due to the latency of data requesting from DDR/memory, when the data is not available imediately then shader core need to wait for data, then in idle state.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.