Forums - Not able to run example applications on ADSP when snapdragon-profiler is connected

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not able to run example applications on ADSP when snapdragon-profiler is connected
bcorrea
Posted: Mon, 2021-10-04 07:12

On Snapdragon 888 HDK(SM8350) board, Trying to profile the ADSP using (https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/snapdragon-profiler), snapdragon-profiler.
Able to get some profiling information when nothing is running on ADSP. But when i try to run the example calculator application provided in SDK (C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\4.2.0.2\examples\calculator), it throws some error. But if i close the snapdragon-profiler application running on my system, the calculator example works fine on ADSP.

But the same calculator i could run on CDSP without any issues along with snapdragon-profiler application and could get some useful profiling information.

The same problem I observed with ADSP while using sysmon app.

After going through SDK documentation, I suspect this limitation may be because of concurrent dsp Protection Domains(PD), as The concurrent PD's on ADSP is limited to 1, where as CDSP it is 10.
(Ref:///C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/4.2.0.2/docs/software/ipc/rpc.html#dsp-protection-domains)

Please confirm whether my understanding is correct and suggest further, how to get the profiling done for ADSP using snapdragon-profiler or sysmon app.?

• Up0
  • Down0
fnicolini
Posted: Thu, 2023-02-09 07:53

I have the same issue.

Did you find a solution in the meantime?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
fnicolini
Posted: Thu, 2023-02-09 07:55

I have the same issue.

Did you find a solution in the meantime?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
hendry.newman
Posted: Fri, 2023-03-17 04:31

I'm facing the similar issue, where the sysmon profiler throws the below error with adsp and works fine with cdsp:

PS C:\ > adb shell /data/local/tmp/sysMonApp profiler --debugLevel 1 --q6 adsp
Starting Profiler with parameters:
Q6 Processor: adsp
 Sampling Interval in ms : 0.00
 Total samples :0
 samplesInSet: 50
 Default Mode : 1
 dcvs enable : 1
 no. of stids: 0
Domain Configured ADSP
Unable to query for Q6 architecture, Exiting...
PS C:\ > adb shell /data/local/tmp/sysMonApp profiler --debugLevel 1 --q6 cdsp
Starting Profiler with parameters:
Q6 Processor: cdsp
 Sampling Interval in ms : 0.00
 Total samples :0
 samplesInSet: 50
 Default Mode : 1
 dcvs enable : 1
 no. of stids: 0
Domain Configured Compute DSP
Running FastRPC Timeline Profiling in parallel...
Q6 architecture detected as v68...
opening outputfile @/sdcard/sysmon_cdsp.bin
Enabling DSP SysMon using FastRPC
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.