Forums - Can snapdragon profiler be used to analyze resources on sa8155p,especially those related to GPU

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can snapdragon profiler be used to analyze resources on sa8155p,especially those related to GPU
Teo
Posted: Wed, 2021-08-04 02:54

Hi, I know SnapdragonProfiler can be used to analyze CPU/GPU/DSP on Android devices powered by Snapdragon processors.

But I use sa8155p which is a Automotive Development Platform with yocto OS. Does SnapdragonProfiler support this device? If not, does any profiler tools is target for this platform.

I hope to reply as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2021-08-04 13:34

Yocto is not currently supported by Snapdragon Profiler. Automotive devices running Android, QNX, Automotive Grade Linux, and Green Hills Integrity are supported, although features are limited for some platforms.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
Teo
Posted: Wed, 2021-08-04 18:53
When I change to Qualcomm sa8155p with Android 9 system, the GPU item has no data flow. How to solve it? The GPU is Adreno 640

thank you
  • Up0
  • Down0
shenbagaraja.s
Posted: Thu, 2021-10-21 06:26

Hi Qualcomm GPU team,

Could you please help with a reply on how to evaluate the GPU metrics (realtime mode graphs) on SA8155 booted with Android 10. Is there any formula to validate that how much GPU % is used by our application(which is using OpenGL and object detection algorithms)? 

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.