Forums - Snapdragon Profile Connection issues unresolved

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Snapdragon Profile Connection issues unresolved
pamela.patton
Posted: Tue, 2020-09-01 13:07

I searched through about 75 of the topics and couldn't find a resolution to connecting a phone to Snapdragon Profiler.

I have the latest 2020 version of Snapdragon Profiler and my phone is a SM-A716U with Android 10. I installed ADB, but not the entire Android SDK.  I can use ADB fine from a Windows 10 command line to verify device connection.

Is there a particular USB setting I should use? When I type #*0808#,  I have a lot of choices. I typically use DM+MODEM+ADB when using other tools like Wireless Metrix Link Master. 

I extended the timeout to 90 seconds and still no connection even though it has no issue finding my device upon startup.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2020-09-02 18:22

Hi,

Are you sure your phone is a Snapdragon device? According to https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a71_5g-10146.php that device uses an Exynos chip. Snapdragon Profiler is only supported on Qualcomm Snapdragon devices.

If you do have a Snapdragon device, and you're seeing it in Profiler's device connection screen, that means Profiler is successfully using ADB and has found the device. If you're able to attempt connecting but that fails, you may have something else on your PC using the same ports as Profiler. You can change the port range Profiler uses in File -> Settings -> Device.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.