2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Very Little Granularity in Snapdragon Profiler
austinseven
Posted: Fri, 2018-01-12 16:17

Hello!

When I am profiling my Vulkan app, I get the following trace for every frame:

https://imgur.com/ceiYdny

This doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of granularity as shown in the videos. For reference this is rendering about 3 million vertices, and putting textures over it, so it isn't anything technically complicated, but it doesn't seem right that there is so little granularity. Is there something else I need to do?

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2018-01-29 08:49

You are correct, you should be getting more granularity out of the 'Rendering Stages' metric. At a minimum I would expect to see another track that shows the surfaces that have been rendered. The fact that the only node you see is 'Render Clear' looks fishy and just by the looks of it, I think it should be labeled 'Render'. That said, the reason why you get a big block in the 'Render' track is because your app did not incur into any 'GMEM loads' so the actual data looks feasible to me.

Could you please provide the details of the device you are using as well as perhaps provide the test app you are using?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.