Forums - What is the meaning of "SP Memory Read" and "CP Data Read"?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is the meaning of "SP Memory Read" and "CP Data Read"?
XXYYDL
Posted: Fri, 2017-12-08 01:55

I'm using Snapdragon profiler v1.8. 

There are two metrics in the GPU Memory Stats, named "SP Memory Read (Bytes/Second)" and "CP Data Read (Bytes/Second)".

I don't know what "SP" and "CP" stands for, and I can't find a detailed document that explains all the metrics in Snapdragon profiler.

Could anyone help me find an answer? thanks in advance.

• Up0
  • Down0
Fans0014
Posted: Fri, 2017-12-08 23:21

Hi XXYYDL:

As far as i know, the SP means Shader(or stream) Processor,Its the core block of Adreno GPUs and contains many hardware modules, including arithmetic logic unit (ALU), load/store unit, control flow unit, register files, etc.So I think the SP Memory Read stands for the data flow from L2 cache or L1 cache to the SP.  

As to the CP, Each SP corresponds to one or more OpenCL Compute Units. I guess the CP means compute processor(thats just my assumption).

By the way, where did you download your SDP 1.8. I cant find the version 1.8 on the network. could U show me the link to download it if its possible.  :)

• Up0
  • Down0
XXYYDL
Posted: Mon, 2017-12-11 17:42

Thanks for you reply!

According to your posts, Should "SP Memory Read"  always >= "CP Data Read"? But I observed both SP >> CP and CP >> SP occurred while I was profilering different computer shaders.

I downloaded SDP v1.8 three months ago, I have kept an copy of the SDP v1.8 setup file, I can send it to you.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.