Forums - trouble with SDP V2.1

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
trouble with SDP V2.1
Fans0014
Posted: Wed, 2017-12-06 19:34

I got trouble with the latest SDP v2.1 when profling my opencl cmd application on A510/A512 devices.

I can connect the app and also do static kenel analysis, but when i try to seclet a process and take trace capture, the SDP crash !

I want to try a older version of SDP (v1.8 or v2.0),  where coule i get it?

Or, is there some mistake i made when i take use of it?

I will appreciate for your reply. 

• Up0
  • Down0
Fans0014
Posted: Wed, 2017-12-06 19:37

I can profile my opencl cmd app with Adreno GPU Profiler v4.0.

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2017-12-11 08:52

Could you please clarify where you are seeing the crash? Is it happening right after you select the process, select the 'OpenCL API Trace' metric, after you click the 'Start Capture' button or when data is being retreived after you click 'Stop Capture'? Is there any sample app you could share with us to try to reproduce the issue? you can send it to me on a private message. Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
Fans0014
Posted: Tue, 2017-12-12 00:29

Hi Carlos:

Thanks for reply.

The crash happening right after I click the Start Capture with any metric. The Logcat shows that cmd app received metric option and did not receive capture signal. It seems that some SDP setting was wrong or SDP was not supported by my smart phone(VIVO X9S).  Sorry I can't  show you my cmd app bacause of the NDA.

Here is my windows log

Log Name:          Application
Source:            Application Error
Data:            2017/12/12 17:42:11
Event ID:         1000
Task Category:          (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Xavier-PC
Description:
Application:SnapdragonProfiler.exe,Version: 1.0.6442.18374,Timestamp: 0x599b147c
Error Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll,Version: 6.1.7601.23915,Timestamp: 0x59b94abb

Application Path: G:\SDP\SDP\SnapdragonProfiler.exe
Module Path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

.Net Runtime Error
Application: SnapdragonProfiler.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at SDPCorePINVOKE.Capture_Start(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef)
   at Capture.Start(CaptureSettings)
   at Sdp.ConnectionManager.connectionEvents_StartCaptureRequest(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at Sdp.EventsManager.Raise(System.EventHandler, System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at Sdp.CaptureCommand.OnExecute()
   at Sdp.Command.Execute()
   at Sdp.CommandManager.ExecuteCommand(Sdp.ICommand)
   at Sdp.GroupLayoutController.m_view_CaptureButtonToggled(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at Sdp.GroupLayoutView.<AddCaptureToolbarButton>b__157_0(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
   at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB(System.Object, GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs)
   at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke(GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs)
   at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback(IntPtr, GLib.Value*, UInt32, GLib.Value*, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
   at Gtk.Application.Run()
   at Sdp.MainClass.Main(System.String[])

Application: SnapdragonProfiler.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at SDPCorePINVOKE.Capture_Start(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef) at Capture.Start(CaptureSettings) at Sdp.ConnectionManager.connectionEvents_StartCaptureRequest(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at Sdp.EventsManager.Raise(System.EventHandler, System.Object, System.EventArgs) at Sdp.CaptureCommand.OnExecute() at Sdp.Command.Execute() at Sdp.CommandManager.ExecuteCommand(Sdp.ICommand) at Sdp.GroupLayoutController.m_view_CaptureButtonToggled(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at Sdp.GroupLayoutView.<AddCaptureToolbarButton>b__157_0(System.Object, System.EventArgs) Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[]) at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[]) at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB(System.Object, GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs) at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke(GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs) at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback(IntPtr, GLib.Value*, UInt32, GLib.Value*, IntPtr, IntPtr) at Gtk.Application.gtk_main() at Gtk.Application.Run() at Sdp.MainClass.Main(System.String[])

By the way, is there any pulished game supported by opencl could be Profiled by SDP. I wanna to try it on my smartphone(VIVO X9S). 

• Up0
  • Down0
Fans0014
Posted: Thu, 2017-12-14 23:51

Well, Problems finally solved. I run the version 2.1 on Ubunt1404. Everything works fine.

The version works on Windows system is such highly context dependent that you need to get everything ok to run it.

In comparision, the Linux version is much more humanity.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.