Forums - Does Snapdragon Profiler only support Android?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does Snapdragon Profiler only support Android?
tao.yao
Posted: Mon, 2017-07-31 00:22

Hi.

I don't know how to monitor the performance of our application, that is running in Linux agl on a Qualcomm S820A hardware platform.

Linux agl stands for Automotive Grade Linux, https://www.automotivelinux.org.

Our processes are *not* shown in Data Source.

I note Snapdragon Profiler can monitor all Active User processes. but that is only available in Android

Is it totally impossible to monitor process performance in Linux AGL?

Any other solutions for my case?

Thanks for help.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2017-07-31 10:03

Which mode of Profiler are you using (Realtime, Trace, or Snapshot)? Is the process list completely empty or is it just missing your processes?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
tao.yao
Posted: Mon, 2017-07-31 18:43

Hi, Eric.

I'm glad to have your reply.

I tried Realtime and Trace mode. my processes are missing in both modes.

I prepared some screen shots for your investigation.

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1pLK8elt

Tao

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2017-08-01 10:36

Currently the only process specific trace metrics supported in Profiler are GPU related, so you will only see processes listed in Trace mode if they use OpenGL or Vulkan. If your process does use OpenGL or Vulkan, please ensure you connect Profiler to the device before starting your process.

In Realtime mode, processes with an owner of 'root' or 'system' are filtered out of the list. Does this apply to the process you would like to monitor? If so, is it possible to run the process as a different user?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
tao.yao
Posted: Tue, 2017-08-01 20:17

Thanks again.

Our application can be launched as a normal user.

I have another question about profiling task.

Some part of our application such as SLAM need be running in ARM CPU,

Trace metrics in Snapdragon Profiler are only GPU related, therefore I need other tools to analyse the trace-based profiling, not just %cpu, %memory metric.

I had planned to port oprofiler tool for this platform. but it turns out that oprofiler source code doesn't support Kryo™ CPU in S820 Soc.

Could you kindly suggest any other tools that can be used for Linux agl on S820 platform?

thanks.

Tao

• Up0
  • Down0
tao.yao
Posted: Wed, 2017-08-02 22:15

I succeeded in porting the Linux perf tool on S820 platform.

it will cover the most perfr profiling task.

Thanks

Tao

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.