Forums - How to copy / extract Drawcalls data table?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to copy / extract Drawcalls data table?
b.nezamzadeh
Posted: Thu, 2017-07-13 05:38

Hi

I am a game developer and I create 3d games unisg unity. I used to use Adreno profiler to profile my games and as adreno profiler discontinues, I am forced to use Snapdragon profiler - which lacks many features of adreno profiler. one of the most handy feature in Adreno profiler was the ability to copy "drawcall data" tables, such as vertex position, vertex data, etc to a third party program and study them.

Even though Snapdragon Profiler  shows these informations for a snapshot, but I cant copy aforementioned tables and study them using my third party programs. Is there any way to do that?

I can't even reach the support to tell them what can I do. How can I contact Snapdragon support?

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-07-13 10:58

Support for exporting to OBJ and copying drawcall data is in the plan to be added. Could you please ellaborate on what other features are missing from Adreno Profiler? Our goal is to help you as a developer optimize on our platform and Snapdragon Profiler is a constantly evolving tool which greatly benefits from feedback like yours. Thank you!

• Up0
  • Down0
b.nezamzadeh
Posted: Thu, 2017-07-13 12:07

Thank you very much for your kind respond. I really appriciate that.

Another useful feature that I really miss in Snapdragon profiler is that on Adreno profiler, I could right-click on the scene and the the draw call that was under the mouse cursor became red and all of the draw calls that was in front of it became hidden.

Another thing that might be handy is the ability to show the textures inside the texture browser based on the selected drawcall, just like Adreno profiler.

Saving all textures at once is an ability that is missing but I really didn't used it very often.

Thank you very much

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-09-07 09:41

Support for exporting drawcall data to obj is now released on Snapdragon Profiler 1.8.

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure what you mean about the right clicking on the scene and the highlighting. Snapdragon Profiler supports pixel history which could probably solve the same problem. If you double click a pixel you should get the pixel history which will tell you  what drawcalls tried to draw to that pixel, if successful then which color did they changed it to or if failed why did it fail(depth,stencil..)

On the resources viewer you can select if you want to see 'all' resources or just 'used/bound'. 'all' is selected by default but if you select one of the others and double click a drawcall you should see what textures(and other resources) were actually used by that drawcall.

I noted the 'save all' feature request for textures internally. 

Thanks again for taking the time to document your feedback. 

Cheers,

Carlos

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.