Forums - connect shows "installing required files on the device" indefinitely

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
connect shows "installing required files on the device" indefinitely
jbelmonte
Posted: Tue, 2017-05-02 17:33

The profiler can see my device, but the connect dialog shows the "installing required files on the device" state indefinitely.  Tried rebooting phone (Android N) and restarting profiler (v1.6.0).

• Up0
  • Down0
jbelmonte
Posted: Tue, 2017-05-02 17:37

Seeing the same thing with profiler v1.6.1.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2017-05-03 09:31

Snapdragon Profiler uses ADB to transfer files to the device. On some devices this process is unreliable unless you set the device's USB connection mode to 'Transfer files' (sometimes referred to as MTP mode). Unfortunately most devices reset back to 'Charging' mode each time they are connected, so you have to change this setting every time you plug in your device.

Another possibility is a bad USB connection. If the above doesn't work, try a different USB cable or port on your PC.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
jbelmonte
Posted: Wed, 2017-05-03 10:45

I got it working this morning, but not sure exactly how.

My ADB connection was fine (e.g. able to use Android Device Monitor or push APK's to device).

I tried another device and was able to connect.  Then I went back to problematic device and still had the issue.  Oddly what seemed to get things unstuck was launching the Android Device Monitor while the profiler was attempting to install its files.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.