Forums - Looking for device advice

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for device advice
AndrewF
Posted: Tue, 2017-01-31 14:44

Anyone know off hand which compatible devices would be at the lower end of the price range?  I am ususally pretty good at going through android specs finding prices etc, but perhaps someone knows a good model or two to check out.  Also any notable bang-for-the-buck devices would be interesting.  (used/ebay probably ok too).  I think the potential of this tool and the other qualcomm tools will make it worth my while to grab another device :)

The unity game I am testing at the moment is using GLES 2.0 / 3.0

(I understand if reccomending devices is something a qualcomm employee needs to stay out of.  Also appoligies if that question doesn't fit the terms of this forum)
  • Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2017-01-31 15:51

Hi Andrew,

We typically recommend Nexus/Pixel phones as they tend to have the most updated drivers for debugging and performance profiling. If you plan on doing any VR related development in the future I would strongly suggest a Pixel since it is Daydream enabled. Otherwise Nexus 5X could be a good candidate for your purposes I think. Hope that helps!

Carlos

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.