Forums - I can't get OpenCL Kernel Analyzer to work

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I can't get OpenCL Kernel Analyzer to work
asamarin
Posted: Tue, 2017-01-31 05:00

Hi there,

I can't currently use OpenCL Kernel Analyzer under either Linux (tested on Arch Linux and Ubuntu 16.04) or Windows 10. After loading a kernel (any kernel will do), whenever I click on 'Compile' button, nothing happens on screen, i.e. "Static Code Analysis" section stays empty. However, taking a look at the terminal from which I launched Snapdragon Profiler on Linux, I can see the following error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_buffer_set_text: assertion 'text != NULL' failed

That gets printed every time I hit 'Compile'. I'm not sure how severe that failed assertion is, but it's apparently preventing all further processing from taking place. There's not a lot more I could tweak here, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something fundamentally wrong or this is an actual bug on the software.

Snapdragon Profiler version: 1.6.0.1232017
Mono version (when on Linux): 4.6.1

Any insights appreciated.

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2017-02-07 09:08

What device are you using? Can you please try enabling 'OpenCL Blocking' in the 'Options View' and run a command line OpenCL application while using Kernel Analyzer? This is a workaround of an issue we are currently investigating with devices that don't have libOpenCL.so preloaded in the system image as Snapdragon Profiler tethers to the application in order to build the kernels and gather the static code analysis data.

• Up0
  • Down0
asamarin
Posted: Thu, 2017-02-09 10:57

Hi Carlos; thanks for looking into this.

I have just tested your suggestion but unfortunately behavior has not changed. My current test device is an LG V20 phone, which sports a Snapdragon 820 (MSM8996) SoC. I can also confirm that this device in particular does carry a preloaded libOpenCL.so library, sitting in /system/vendor/lib/libOpenCL.so

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.