Forums - Frame Statistics Geometry figures growing

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Frame Statistics Geometry figures growing
simon.j.gillespie
Posted: Sat, 2016-12-10 13:02

Hi,

Thanks for making the profiler. The new interface is very nice.

Heres my problem- When I do a capture with a Google Pixel device I get strange numbers for vertices and primitives after changing the contexts from All to individual contexts and back again. The numbers start growing on each change which is a bit alarming. Also if you have two different captures swapping between them does not change the geometry information.

This information is important to us because we are profiling to stay under the recommended vertices for VR games in Unity.

Perhaps this is an undocumented snapdragon 821 feature which allows extra geometry for free? ;-)

My version of Snap P is 1.5.4 and I have adb 1.0.36 (it crashes on reconnection to a device as well, every time). The Google Pixel is running Android 7.1.1 (Dec update patch).

Please keep developing this very useful tool.

Thanks,

Simon.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 13:51

Hi Simon,

The issue with the geometry numbers for multi-context apps should be fixed in the next release of Snapdragon Profiler. Also, Profiler is currently limited to displaying frame statistics for the last snapshot only, which is why you don't see the numbers change if you switch to viewing an older snapshot.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.