Forums - Profiler crashes a few seconds after connecting to a device

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Profiler crashes a few seconds after connecting to a device
werwer
Posted: Fri, 2016-08-26 16:58

The profiler crashes a few seconds after connecting to my device. 

My system info:

Device: Xperia Z5 with Android 6.0.1

PC: Windows 10 X64 with latest updates this is what I get: http://i.imgur.com/9PBRRC9.png

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-08-31 13:44

Hi werwer,

We have tested your configuration and are unable to reproduce any issue. Could you give any more details about your situation? Are you doing anything with Profiler before it crashes? Do you have any apps running on your device?

Also, could you look in the Windows Event Viewer under Windows Logs -> Application and see if there is any additional error information for Snapdragon Profiler there?

Thanks.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
haldi4803
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-22 12:34

Hi,

I have the same issue.

The thing is it doesn't happen straight away. First it runs fine for a while, and then *puff* crashes and crashes again on every new start. Except you reboot windows.

Seems like there is an issue with .NET runtime.

Quote:
Anwendung: SnapdragonProfiler.exe Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319 Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet. Ausnahmeinformationen: System.FormatException bei Sdp.OptionColor.Parse(System.String) bei Sdp.OptionsViewController.AddOptionPropertyDescriptor(UInt32, System.String) bei Sdp.OptionsViewController.connectionEvents_OptionAdded(System.Object, Sdp.OptionEventArgs) bei System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon) bei Sdp.EventsManager.Raise[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.EventHandler`1<System.__Canon>, System.Object, System.__Canon) bei Sdp.InternalClientDelegate.OnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32) bei ClientDelegate.SwigDirectorOnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32)

Here are the Logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwqG3liwGXQHU0NwN1pXano0bDA

From the Windows Log and the ErrorLogs_1033.MTA which i found at documents/SnapdragonProfiler/LocaleMetaData

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2016-09-26 13:55

Haldi,

Thank you for including the logs, that helps us debug the problem.

When you see the crash, are you starting an application on your device?

Thanks.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
haldi4803
Posted: Tue, 2016-09-27 04:33

You mean something different than Snapdragon profiler?

No. But i can't give any guarantees that not flash is doing an update, windows defender starts doing something or whatever windows likes to do.

But the fact that it crashes 10/10 times in a row after the first crash,and mostly pretty fast after the tool startet, indicates that this might not be the reason.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2016-09-27 14:25

I was referring to applications running on your target device, not your PC.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.