Forums - Profiling Unity Applications?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Profiling Unity Applications?
avinash.sunnasy
Posted: Mon, 2016-07-25 19:04

Hi all,

For whatever reason, I've don't have the ability to extract realtime FPS  information from Program->EGL->FPS of my simple Unity test application.

I know that the profiler is able to extract this information as I have profiled other applications. 

Is there a player or build setting that I need to modify in order to make the app or profiler function as normal?

Thanks,

Avinash.

PS. The profiler is a great tool! 

• Up0
  • Down0
BenM
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-26 10:23

Are you able to bring up the realtime FPS metric but it doesn't show any data, or is the metric not even showing as available when your application process has been selected?  Also, is this the first app you are trying to profile after a reboot, or does this only happen after profiling previous app(s)?  You may want to double check that internet permissions are enabled in your application manifest.

-Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
avinash.sunnasy
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-26 12:11

Hi Ben, 

The metric is not showing as available when the application process has been selection. 

I'll try rebooting the phone before profiling. However, I think it's the manifest. I've had to modify the manifest in the past. Thanks for joggin my memory.

I'll send you an update if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Avinash.

• Up0
  • Down0
avinash.sunnasy
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-26 12:14

Well that was quick! Restarting the phone seemed to work.

Thanks again!

Avinash.

• Up0
  • Down0
BenM
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-26 14:15

Glad that worked!

Cheers,

Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
avinash.sunnasy
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-26 16:04

Just some further information for other who experience this issue. It appears that the problem occurs when trying to profile directly after "build and run" in Unity. If I launch the application myself the profiler will behave as expected.

Thanks,

Avinash.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.