Forums - Release 1.8 and mobilenet support

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Release 1.8 and mobilenet support
mpeniak
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2018-01-05 07:43

Hi guys,

I have just checked and the new relase 1.8 says that it includes mobilenet support for CPU/GPU.

Does this mean that the ssd-mobilenet for object detection is now supported too? I find the documentation very limited if no-existed so I am just left to guess. 

If SSD-mobilenet is not supported then is there any model whatsoever supported that does object detection?

Thanks,
Martin Peniak

www.martinpeniak.com

• Up0
  • Down0
jesliger
Posted: Mon, 2018-01-08 07:25

Hi Martin.  SSD mobilenet (from tensorflow) is not yet supported yet.  We are targeting an upcoming release to support it.

We support caffe based Faster RCNN for object detection, on CPU and DSP (not GPU.)  However there are limitations when using it, as SNPE doesn't support batching.  We are likely going to issue an app note on this, just not sure when.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.