Forums - Recommended smartphones for SNPE development

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Recommended smartphones for SNPE development
kirov
Posted: Tue, 2018-01-02 05:59

Hello,

I was disappointed to discover that Google Pixel devices lack the support for SNPE GPU and DSP acceleration. I am also aware that many devices available on the market today are powered by SD820/1 and SD835 SoCs. So, before I buy another one, I thought it was prudent to ask which device would the SNPE dev team recommend? Should be a commercially avaiable smartphone (not a dev kit), and should run the GPU and DSP runtimes in their optimal modes. Ideally, a device (or devices) that the team uses for verification.

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
Rex
Posted: Tue, 2018-01-16 12:04

We use MOTO devices (X, X2, and others) as they seem to work with CPU, GPU and DSP without problems.

• Up0
  • Down0
kirov
Posted: Thu, 2018-01-25 09:36

Thanks for the reply. I found that Oneplus 3,5 and 5T work perfectly with all runtimes as well.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.