Forums - snpe-net-run taking more time to run inception_v3 dlc on Android compare to Linux Host.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
snpe-net-run taking more time to run inception_v3 dlc on Android compare to Linux Host.
kshamajayantvete
Posted: Wed, 2017-12-20 21:19

Hi,

Greetings.

I am using snpe-1.8.0 SDK. I am trying to run inception_v3 model shifted with sdk  on Android(snapdragon 820 mini ADP Developement Kit)

and Linux Host(Ubuntu).

I can see huge difference in time snpe-net-run took to run the model on the two platforms.

Using GPU Runtime on Linux Host snpe-net-run executed the model (inception_v3.dlc) in 0.428seconds, but on Android Device same model is taking 2.65seconds.

*/ I am wondering what might be the reason for this difference .

please help.

Thanks,

Kshama Vete

*/

• Up0
  • Down0
gesqdn-forum
Posted: Tue, 2019-07-30 04:07

Hi,
You stated in your query that execution of "snpe-net-run" is faster in Linux machine compared to Android device.
To agree to this statement, we have to confirm if both GPU's are of the same configuration. If it not so, the execution speed of configuration device is faster.
Assuming both the GPU's are of the same configurations, the next thing we have to confirm is, whether processing time is shared with another process along with snpe-net-run. If processing time is shared, we have to consider only the running time of the process (in our case snpe-net-run).

Kindly refer  below link for Benchmarking and Accuracy,
https://developer.qualcomm.com/docs/snpe/benchmarking.html

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.