Forums - NPE Slow

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
NPE Slow
t.wittekind2
Posted: Tue, 2017-12-19 08:25

Hello,

I successfully run my inception v3 on my Qualcomm Open-Q 835 Development Kit. But it seems very slow. Using GPU It takes up to 1456 ms and using CPU 2500 ms. When Running the NPE, it ouputs me "D/snpe-android: Network forward took 1456 ms" but after that it takes 2000 ms to reach after processing. 

final Map<String, FloatTensor> outputs = mNeuralNetwork.execute(inputs);

Why is it stopping after that line for 2000ms ? And how can I speed up the whole execution process because 1456 ms also seem not very fast.

Best Regards

Tobi

• Up0
  • Down0
simon.ziegler
Posted: Tue, 2018-01-02 06:20

Hey Tobi,

perhaps the network debug is set to "true", set it to "false" for better performance, see "LoadNetworkTask.java" in the tutorial:

.setDebugEnabled(false)

Best Regards,
Simon

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.