Forums - asking advice on snap dragon 820 or 835 for object detection (ssd/mobilenet)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
asking advice on snap dragon 820 or 835 for object detection (ssd/mobilenet)
hengcherkeng235
Posted: Tue, 2017-10-17 21:03

Hi, I am planning to develop object detection (preferably SSD/mobilenet) on snap dragon 820 or 835 using neural processing engine sdk. I would like to know the following:

1.  which 820 or 835 kit should i buy? what is the difference? 

2. can neural processing engine sdk support mobilenet? I am planning to use caffe2 framework. I am concerned with seprable/depthwise convolution like 1x1, 3x1, 1x3 and 3x3 with grouping = input channels. (I know some chip vendors does not support such convolution)

3. is there support for ssd? i only read that faster-rcnn is supported in NPE. What are the consideration if i want to implement SSD myself? one concern is NMS (non max suppresion), besides that is there any other things that i should take care of?

Thank you very much!

• Up0
  • Down0
KingCobra
Posted: Wed, 2017-10-18 16:03

We had mixed results. CPU-only version of our model running on 835 was noticeably slower with snpe-1.2.2 compared to 820. GPU-only version ran slightly faster on 835.

I am greatly disappointed that Qualcomm hasn't released the 64-bit version of SNPE SDK for Android. 

• Up0
  • Down0
zf.africa
Posted: Wed, 2017-10-18 18:52

Hi KingCobra,

May I ask that, do you run SSD/mobilenet with SNPE SDK? If does, then you should convert model file to a dlc file, have you met errors when converting model file to a dlc file, and what about the solutions?

I met the error list below:

File "/home/damon/work/snpe-sdk/snpe-1.6.0/lib/python/converters/tensorflow/converter.py", line 500, in _create_sorted_node_input_graph
    if input_node_name not in nodes_map or input_node_name in ordered_nodes_map:
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp

Do you meet the same issue before? Any comments appreciated!

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
liuqinglong110
Posted: Thu, 2017-10-19 19:37

Hi, KingCobra

Currently snpe1.6 support MobileNet-SSD priorbox?  Have you already put the MobileNet-SSD model into a .dlc file? Can tell me how to convert it, or send me a successful conversion. Dlc format file.

Look at the hyperlink below:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-neur...

• Up0
  • Down0
liuqinglong110
Posted: Thu, 2017-10-19 20:14

Hi, DamonZhou

Currently snpe1.6 support MobileNet-SSD priorbox?  Have you already put the MobileNet-SSD model into a .dlc file? 

PriorBox layers are not supported.   https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-neur...

• Up0
  • Down0
mpeniak
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2017-10-25 08:34

Hi,

Did you manage to run mobilenet-ssd? If so, could you let me know how? If not, is there any other objection detection network that works and is supported? I am after object detection / localisation.

Thanks,
Martin Peniak

• Up0
  • Down0
phongnhhn92
Posted: Tue, 2017-11-07 23:49
Hello sir,
From your comment, it seems like you somehow manage to convert the trained SSD/MobileNet model from tensorflow to run on the snapdragon 835 with GPU. Would you please share the method you used to do that ? Thanks, man ! 
  • Up0
  • Down0
zf.africa
Posted: Sun, 2017-11-19 22:58

Hi qinglong,

Unfortunitely I failed to convert mobilenet-ssd, now I am working on convert tiny-yolo, but the convert tool always reports add/mul/max are not consumed, still have to try it.

• Up0
  • Down0
chenglin.lv
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-17 00:47

Hi,dear 

Now, does snpe support ssd mobilenet?  And can you offer me the paper about the ssd mobilenet testing on hexagon682/685? For example, the user guide about snapdragon820/835(with snpe doc). 

Could you be kind enough to send me the two papers to my email [email protected]?

Tks!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.