Forums - Error: Layer Parameter Invalid

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Error: Layer Parameter Invalid
zwave
Posted: Fri, 2017-08-18 17:01

I'm getting the an error (runtime warning) when I try to convert a simple caffe model to SNPE dlc.

Sample prototxt file

<code>

layer {

type   : 'Input'
    name   : 'input_code'
    top    : 'input_code'
    input_param {
        shape {
            dim : 1
            dim : 1
            dim : 256
            dim : 256
        }
    }
}

layer {
    type   : 'Reshape'
    name   : '<reshape_1>'
    bottom : 'input_code'
    top    : '<top_layer>'
    reshape_param {
        shape {
           dim: 1
           dim: 1
           dim: 256
           dim: 256
        }
    }
}
</code>

command used to create dlc

snpe-caffe-to-dlc --caffe_txt test.prototxt --caffe_bin $test.caffemodel --dlc test.dlc

<code>

snpe-sdk/lib/python/snpe/snpe_caffe_to_dlc.py:1822: RuntimeWarning: error_code=802; error_message=Layer parameter value is invalid in GPU. Layer input_code_permute: output width * output depth (packed) = 16384 exceeds maximum image width 16384 for Adreno A530; error_component=GPU Runtime; line_no=269; thread_id=140415638374144

</code>

SNPE documentation (/snpe-sdk/doc/html/limitations.html) specifies the following:
  • Number of packed channels * width < MaxPerGPUSize

In our case, channel is 1 and width is 256. Therefore, 1 * 256 < 16384 (for A430, A530). However, I get the invalid error for GPU.

Could you please explain the issue with the example prototxt file?

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
moljaca moderator
Posted: Tue, 2017-08-29 07:56
  • Up0
  • Down0
Topic locked

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.