Forums - How to compile AOSP with qcom proprietary code

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to compile AOSP with qcom proprietary code
tong.chen
Posted: Sat, 2021-08-28 10:13

Hi,

Sorry for such simple question but I am stuck for days. I want to build AOSP with qcom proprietary code but fail. Here is what I do:

1. download qcom proprietary code from https://chipcode.qti.qualcomm.com, what I download is MSM8996.LA.2.0.1 distribution Post-CS 0.1.194.1

2. unzip the file, then run sync.sh from LINUX/android folder

3. after AOSP code is downloaded, I run ./build.sh msm8996

4. build fails after 1 minute with following error:

cp: cannot stat 'vendor/qcom/proprietary/qrdplus/Global/Regional/VietnamOpenMarket/system/audio/ringtones/*.mp3': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'vendor/qcom/proprietary/qrdplus/Global/Regional/VietnamOpenMarket/system/audio/ui/*.ogg': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'vendor/qcom/proprietary/qrdplus/Global/Regional/VietnamOpenMarket/system/boot/*.wav': No such file or directory
including ./vendor/qcom/proprietary/qrdplus/globalization/engine/Android.mk ...
including ./vendor/qcom/proprietary/qrdplus/globalization/vendor-IME/Android.mk ...
including ./vendor/qcom/proprietary/qrdplus/prebuilt/Android.mk ...
build/core/base_rules.mk:183: *** vendor/qcom/proprietary/qrdplus/prebuilt/target/product/msm8996: MODULE.TARGET.DATA.evt-sniff.cfg already defined by vendor/qcom/proprietary/prebuilt_HY11/target/product/msm8996.
make: *** [build/core/ninja.mk:164: out/build-msm8996.ninja] Error 1

Are my steps wrong? If so what is the right procedure to build android with proprietary code?

Thanks for any help!
  • Up0
  • Down0
mengdiz
Posted: Sun, 2021-12-19 18:26

Hi,

Could you try to copy the vendor/qcom/proprietary/* manually from chipcode zip file to opensource path?

• Up0
  • Down0
nouraguesmi
Posted: Fri, 2024-02-02 07:36

Hi,

I am currently working on a project that requires compiling Qualcomm proprietary code for an sdm845 device in AOSP. Despite following available instructions, I am encountering difficulties during the compilation process.

I am reaching out to seek guidance or additional resources that could assist me in successfully compiling the code for this specific device. Could you direct me to any documents, guides, or contacts that might help me ?

Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on the recommended path to place the Qualcomm source code to ensure successful compilation.

Thank you very much for your assistance and support in this process

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.