Forums - Permission denied error in FastRPC

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Permission denied error in FastRPC
shaharbitan8
Posted: Fri, 2023-06-30 10:11
Hello,

I'm currently developing a Kotlin app for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (model: SM908E) running Android 12. I'm using the SNPE SDK 2.11 and the Android SDK version 30 in my development environment. My app includes a C++ API with JNI bindings to interact with the SNPE SDK.

To load the necessary shared object (.so) files, I'm utilizing CMakelists.txt and iniLibs. Additionally,
I have set the ADSP_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable as instructed in the documentation.

However, I have encountered a bug related to the isRuntimeAvailable function when using the DSP value. When I call the function, I receive the following error logs:

vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:2058: Error: Device node open failed for domain 3 (errno Permission denied)

vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:1329: Error 0x3b: remote_get_info failed to get dsp attribute 1 for domain 3

vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:1481: Error 0x3b: remote_handle_control_domain failed for request ID 2 on domain 3

vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:1492: Error 0x3b: remote_handle_control failed for request ID 2

Do I need to root my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra to resolve the permission denied error and successfully use the isRuntimeAvailable function with the DSP value?

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or guidance on how to resolve this bug and whether rooting the device is necessary for this specific issue.

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
weihuan
Posted: Sat, 2023-07-08 08:35

Dear developer,

Could you pls try snpe-net-run on your devices?

BR.

Wei

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Fri, 2023-11-03 00:05

use zdl::SNPE::SNPEFactory::isRuntimeAvailable(zdl::DlSystem::Runtime_t::DSP, zdl::DlSystem::RuntimeCheckOption_t::UNSIGNEDPD_CHECK);
before build

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.