Forums - QNN 2.10 / 2.11 Linux QIK extraction error

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
QNN 2.10 / 2.11 Linux QIK extraction error
aurelien
Posted: Mon, 2023-06-12 07:58

Hi,

While trying to use QNN, I run into errors with installation of the SDK on Ubuntu.

I can download a .qik file for either v2.10.40.4 or v2.11.0.230603 from https://qpm.qualcomm.com/#/main/tools/details/qualcomm_ai_engine_direct

I found that the way to use this file is through the QIK tool of QPM. I installed QPM v2.33.2 for Linux and tried to use the qik EXTRACT or qik INSTALL commands, however both fail (silently) with the following log file written in /var/tmp/qcom/qik/logs/, and mentioning an XML error for the package: "SDK is not a valid value for ProductType"

2023-06-12 16:42:34.688  INFO   QIKTool                         === STARTING QIK v1.0.11.15, PID 3342458 ===========================================================
2023-06-12 16:42:34.695  INFO   QIKTool                         Command Line: /opt/qcom/qik/bin/qik.dll EXTRACT qualcomm_ai_engine_direct.2.10.40.4.Linux-AnyCPU.qik
2023-06-12 16:42:34.702  INFO   QIKTool                         Loading Package: /home/user/Downloads/Qualcomm/qualcomm_ai_engine_direct.2.10.40.4.Linux-AnyCPU.qik
2023-06-12 16:42:34.702  INFO   QIKTool                         Checking QIK package
2023-06-12 16:42:34.722  INFO   QIKTool                         Processing package data
2023-06-12 16:42:34.795  EXCEPTION  QIKTool                         Exception reading QIKPackage data
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (23, 6). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Instance validation error: 'SDK' is not a valid value for ProductType.
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderQIKPackage.Read2_ProductType(String s)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderQIKPackage.Read8_QIKPackageInfo(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderQIKPackage.Read14_QIKPackage(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderQIKPackage.Read15_QIKPackage()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at QIKLibraryCore.QCCReader.ReadObject[T](Int32 blockID, Boolean useXMLSerializer)
   at QIKLibraryCore.PackageLoader.readQIKPackage()
2023-06-12 16:42:34.795  INFO   QIKTool                         === EXITING, exitcode: 5 (ReadError) ===========================================================

Is it the proper way to use/instal the QNN SDK? How to work around this error?

Thanks for your help,

Aurelien

• Up0
  • Down0
aurelien
Posted: Tue, 2023-06-13 06:51

Update: I was trying to use the QIK tool directly to work around the incompatibility of QPM with Ubuntu 22.04. There is probably a way to install / extract the .qik file via the command line QPM (qpm-cli) but I ended up getting a zip archive for the QNN SDK at https://www.qualcomm.com/support/software-tools/tools.qualcomm-neural-ne... and gave up on QIK/QPM for now

• Up0
  • Down0
logyourself
Posted: Sat, 2023-06-24 10:24

Where is qualcomm developer relations? It's so difficult to use SNPE on devkit 2023's WSL!

• Up0
  • Down0
zmonteci
Posted: Fri, 2024-04-12 17:18

If you are still having trouble with this I suggest following this steps. after downloading Qualcomm Package Manager 3 and using 

sudo dpkg -i QualcommPackageManager<version>

From the terminal

1. qpm-cli --login <username>
2. qpm-cli --license-activate qualcomm_neural_processing_sdk
3. qpm-cli --extract qualcomm_neural_processing_sdk (or)
   qpm-cli --extract <full path to downloaded .qik file> 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.