Forums - C API: User buffer tutorial

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
C API: User buffer tutorial
adrien.pierret
Posted: Tue, 2023-05-16 02:04

Hello everyone,

As a part of the Performance Tips, it is mentionned that UserBuffer might improve performances.

However, while looking at the documentation the explanations are lacking and the  samples are incomplete and sometimes wrong.

Do you know where I would be able to find mroe details or at least a complete example on how to use it?

That would be very useful. Especially as the support for C++ is coming to an end and C will be the one supported from now on.

• Up0
  • Down0
MarkWu
Posted: Wed, 2023-05-17 19:10

Hi,

You can imitate the userbuffer code of the C++API to write C API code. Just replace the C++interface function with the C interface function. That's what I did, and I hope it can help you!

• Up0
  • Down0
adrien.pierret
Posted: Wed, 2023-06-21 20:34

Dear MarkWu,

In the end this is what I did.
However, I do find disappointing that the only remaining "full working example" is written is C++ knowing its support should end soon.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.