Forums - FP16 input data corrupted in HTP emulator

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
FP16 input data corrupted in HTP emulator
arthur.liu1
Posted: Wed, 2023-04-19 01:21

Hi Qualcomm Team,

Using QNN2.8, my model in ONNX format can be converted to and running on x86 backend successfully.

However, when I tried to convert the same ONNX file to FP16 then run it on HTP emulator. I found my input data was corrupted every other element. Below is how I convert, build, and run on emulator:

!qnn-onnx-converter --input_network simple_linear_regression.onnx --float_bw 16 --output_path simple_linear_regression_fp16.cpp --input_dim "input" 1,1,2

!qnn-model-lib-generator -c simple_linear_regression_fp16.cpp -b simple_linear_regression_fp16.bin -t x86_64-linux-clang

!qnn-net-run --model libs/x86_64-linux-clang/libsimple_linear_regression_fp16.so \

--backend ${QNN_SDK_ROOT}/target/x86_64-linux-clang/lib/libQnnHtp.so \
--input_list simple_linear_regression_input_list.txt \
--output_dir simple_linear_regression_onnx_fp16 \
--debug

Then I read back the input data from emulator's output folder:

x_raw = np.fromfile("simple_linear_regression_onnx_fp16/Result_0/input_ncf.raw", dtype=np.float16)

display(x_raw)

And I got: array([-2. , -1.006], dtype=float16)

But the original input data I provided is array([[[-1.592, -1.006]]], dtype=float16)

The 1st element (FP16 format) is corrupted to -2.

Note: this is a simplified model, which is a simple linear regression: y=2*x0-3.4*x1+4.2.

In my original complex model, the input shape is [1, 80, 201], and I can observe that every other element in each row is corrupted to -2.

Is this a bug in HTP emulator? Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
weihuan
Posted: Fri, 2023-04-21 06:17

Dear developer,

QNN is for specific Qualcomm customer. Could you please help to clarify below info to us?

1  What's your platform for this issue, is Auto or others?

2 What's company name your issue from?

BR.

Wei

• Up0
  • Down0
arthur.liu1
Posted: Fri, 2023-04-21 12:36

Thanks Wei! It doesn't matter now because I figured it out that by default qnn-net-run assumes the input data is in float32, even the converted model is float16.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.