Forums - SA8295P ADP latest Android image

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
SA8295P ADP latest Android image
ganapathi.dhandapani
Posted: Mon, 2023-02-13 20:48

Hello Team,

We are using SA8295P ADP evaluation board for our testing, but unable to validate some feature due to current image Android image(it does not support GUI). Can you please help us to get the Andriod GUI supported image(similar as SA8195P) for this SA8295P evaluation board.

Regards,

Ganapathi

• Up0
  • Down0
ruzhongl
Posted: Sun, 2023-02-19 18:36

From tech view, in SA8295P.HQX.4.2.4.0 and  SA8295P.HQX.4.2.4.1  Android-GVm both works well. I suggest to use SA8295P.HQX.4.2.4.1. 

I am little confused about why Android do not support GUI, you can use some app in host PC and check whether there is GUI. For more question about driver the real screen, as I am from AI team . Suggest to raise issue via saleforce to related team.

• Up0
  • Down0
ganapathi.dhandapani
Posted: Mon, 2023-02-20 02:34

Thanks for your respose.

We are using below board for our testing. Can you pelase share the latest BSP package(SA8295P.HQX.4.2.4.1) download link and document.

https://estore.lantronix.com/products/sa8295p-automotive-development-pla...

root@sa8295:/tmp# uname -a
Linux sa8295 5.4.86-qgki-debug #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 1 21:23:20 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
root@sa8295:/tmp#

• Up0
  • Down0
ruzhongl
Posted: Mon, 2023-02-20 03:27

SA8295P.HQX.4.2.4.1 sholud support Android-GVM well, not necessary to update baseline.

I support many China Tier1/OEM with this baseline on AI side and none of them complain Android GUI.

I am not expert of BSP, from your cmd, seems you use LV-GVM, not LA-GVM.

For basic checking, could you try to use "env"  to check whether it is Android-GVM system. If not, I believe you can use QFIL or fastboot to flash LA-GVM system image. When you use QFIL or fastboot , there is a selection to choose whether you use LA-GVM or LV-GVM.

msmnile_gvmq:/ # env
_=/system/bin/env
ANDROID_DATA=/data
ANDROID_ART_ROOT=/apex/com.android.art
HOME=/
ANDROID_TZDATA_ROOT=/apex/com.android.tzdata
SYSTEMSERVERCLASSPATH=/system/framework/com.android.location.provider.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/ethernet-service.jar:/system/framework/car-frameworks-service.jar:/apex/com.android.appsearch/javalib/service-appsearch.jar:/apex/com.android.media/javalib/service-media-s.jar:/apex/com.android.permission/javalib/service-permission.jar
TERM=xterm
ANDROID_SOCKET_adbd=19
ANDROID_STORAGE=/storage
EXTERNAL_STORAGE=/sdcard
DOWNLOAD_CACHE=/data/cache
LOGNAME=root
ANDROID_ASSETS=/system/app
DEX2OATBOOTCLASSPATH=/apex/com.android.art/javalib/core-oj.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/core-libart.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/okhttp.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/bouncycastle.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/apache-xml.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/framework-graphics.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/telephony-common.jar:/system/framework/voip-common.jar:/system/framework/ims-common.jar:/apex/com.android.i18n/javalib/core-icu4j.jar:/system/framework/android.car.jar:/system/framework/tcmiface.jar
BOOTCLASSPATH=/apex/com.android.art/javalib/core-oj.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/core-libart.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/okhttp.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/bouncycastle.jar:/apex/com.android.art/javalib/apache-xml.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/framework-graphics.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/telephony-common.jar:/system/framework/voip-common.jar:/system/framework/ims-common.jar:/apex/com.android.i18n/javalib/core-icu4j.jar:/system/framework/android.car.jar:/system/framework/tcmiface.jar:/apex/com.android.appsearch/javalib/framework-appsearch.jar:/apex/com.android.conscrypt/javalib/conscrypt.jar:/apex/com.android.ipsec/javalib/android.net.ipsec.ike.jar:/apex/com.android.media/javalib/updatable-media.jar:/apex/com.android.mediaprovider/javalib/framework-mediaprovider.jar:/apex/com.android.os.statsd/javalib/framework-statsd.jar:/apex/com.android.permission/javalib/framework-permission.jar:/apex/com.android.permission/javalib/framework-permission-s.jar:/apex/com.android.scheduling/javalib/framework-scheduling.jar:/apex/com.android.sdkext/javalib/framework-sdkextensions.jar:/apex/com.android.tethering/javalib/framework-connectivity.jar:/apex/com.android.tethering/javalib/framework-tethering.jar:/apex/com.android.wifi/javalib/framework-wifi.jar
SHELL=/bin/sh
ANDROID_BOOTLOGO=1
ASEC_MOUNTPOINT=/mnt/asec
HOSTNAME=msmnile_gvmq
USER=root
TMPDIR=/data/local/tmp
PATH=/product/bin:/apex/com.android.runtime/bin:/apex/com.android.art/bin:/system_ext/bin:/system/bin:/system/xbin:/odm/bin:/vendor/bin:/vendor/xbin
ANDROID_ROOT=/system
ANDROID_I18N_ROOT=/apex/com.android.i18n
msmnile_gvmq:/ #
  • Up0
  • Down0
bobby1
Posted: Thu, 2023-05-18 13:47

Hi All,

We recently received the SA8295P ADP platform from Lantronix. I am looking for the SA8295P.HQX.4.2.4 software that is referenced in this post. I logged into Qualcomms CreatePoint site and their other sites but I don't see any packages related to SA8295. Can you please tell me where you download the software (BSP) from?

Thank you!

• Up0
  • Down0
ramakrsr
Posted: Thu, 2023-10-12 12:32

where do I find more information regarding building or download Android ( AOSP) to run in QNX on sa8295p ADP ? I thought QC would have a download for popular OS to run on their ADP boards.

• Up0
  • Down0
ahmed.bingol
Posted: Mon, 2024-05-20 07:30
Hello everyone,
Has anyone managed to obtain information or access documents related to both QNX and Android OS? I have tried several websites (Createpoint, QTI Case Management System, Tool Sales) but haven't received any responses in the last 4 months.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.